Part 27

It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.

-Friedrich Nietzsche.

"Lily, I need to talk to you. Can you come to my apartment?" I called her, I need to tell about Jay's death, but I need to do this in person.

"What happened? Is Jay alright?" I could hear the panic in her voice, this was going to be hard.

"Just come here, please." I plead.

"I'm gonna be there in five minutes." She hang up the phone, I went to the living room.

When I got there, the paramedics and the coroner left, it was just Harvey.

"Can I call everyone? You need your family now." Harvey said to me, I wish that he was my real brother.

"Jay's girlfriend is coming, I need to tell her. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Of course." He kissed my forehead, and left the apartment.

I was looking the apartment, I'm gonna move out of here, there's too many memories of Jay, and they are painful.

The elevator door opened, it was Lily. She looked so worried, I was feeling so bad for her.

"Where is he?" She was panicking.

"Lily, I need to tell you something." I tried to calm her, but she was too upset.

"You're hiding him." She ran towards his room.

"Jay, Jay." She started to scream on the apartment.

"Lily." I ran after her.

"Where is he?" She whispered.

"Lily, he died." She stopped and looked at me, she was crying already.

"No, you're lying to me." She said, I could barely understand her.

"I wish, Lily he died." She hugged me, tightly, and I hugged her back.

I hugged her for a few minutes, she never stopped crying, I was crying too. After those minutes, she wiped the tears of her face.

"I need to tell you something." She sounded serious.

"Of course, let's go to the kitchen." We went to the kitchen, I made tea for us.

I sat down with the tea, and I gave her one.

"What do you wanna tell me?" I asked her, she took a deep breath.

"It was Aslaug." She said bluntly.

"What about Aslaug?" I asked confused.

"She killed Jay, she said that I was never going to be happy." She started to cry again.

"Why does want to make you suffer?" I whispered to her.

"Because she wants my family's money, and I'm divorcing Ivar, so she can't have it." She looked down.

"She's gonna pay for this." I promised her.

"That's not everything." She looked at me.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I'm pregnant." She signed relived.

"What?"

"That's why I was looking for Jay, I wanted to tell him about the pregnancy. I don't even know if he wanted to be with me, but I was so happy about our child." She started to cry again.