Part 19

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

-William Shakespeare.

Everything was going according to my plans, Ragnar and Lagertha were having lunch and dinner together every single day, they are so in love with each other. Lily was dying to be my friend, it was sickening, but I'm going to have lunch with her today, I need to know more secrets about the family.

I was dropping off Henry on school, he was so happy that the holidays were coming, and we were going to the Hamptons. And I was excited that I was traveling with Chuck Bass, he is very handsome and polite, he makes me feel different, I don't know how to explain, but it's a good feeling.

I was at the car, with Jay, he wasn't very happy about this, me with Lily.

"Can you take me to her apartment, Jay?" I asked looking at my phone, I needed to handle a few things from the clothing line.

"I can, but I don't want to." He said annoyed.

"Jay, please. You know the reason why I'm doing this." I tried to reason with him, but Jay is so stubborn.

"I know, but she's married to the man you love, Are you able to handle that?" Jay was worried about me, but my feelings don't matter, I need to complete my revenge.

"Thank you so much for caring about me Jay, I'm so grateful for that, but I have to do this." I smiled at him and he looks down.

"I just don't wanna see you getting hurt by those people again, you don't deserve that, you're too good for getting hurt like that, so please be careful. I'm always a phone call away from you." We both laughed and he take me to Lily's apartment.

When we get to the apartment, we see Lily. I never saw someone so happy in my entire life.

"Oh God, this girl is really desperate to be your friend." Jay's face makes me laugh, he leaves the car and opens the door for me.

"Thank you Jay." I took his hand and I get out of the car.

"Antoinette, I'm so happy that you're here." Lily tried to hug me, but Jay didn't let her.

"Don't touch her and step back." He said in his authoritative voice.

"I'm so sorry." Lily seems taken back by Jay's reaction.

"Jay it's okay, she's a friend of mine." Everything was set up by me and Jay.

"I'm sorry for that, Jay can be a little overprotective." I hugged Lily and she looked at me and Jay.

"I understand it completely, after all, you're royalty." She said, I could see that she was embarrassed.

"That's nothing, are we going to have lunch now?" I asked looking at the building.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Please, let's go." She leads the way and I look at Jay and winked at him, he only smirks back.
We get in on the elevator, I could see the excitement on her, it's kind of amusing.

"I was so happy that you invited me for lunch. I still needs to get familiar with the important families." That seemed to please Lily.

"Don't worry, I fully intend to keep you updated with the latest gossips and the most well kept family secrets." We both laughed, that's exactly what I want.

The elevator door opened and we stepped in her apartment, it's good, but mine is way better, and bigger.

"I hope you don't mind, but my husband will be joining us for lunch." She said and I froze, Ivar is going to be here? I wasn't counting on that.

"I thought that this was a lunch for us, friends. I don't want to intrude in your lunch." I tried to leave, I won't be able to be cold and distant with Ivar here, he has that effect on me, always has, and always will.

"Don't be silly, he will be gone right after lunch." She pushed me to the to the dinner room, and Ivar was already sited.

" She pushed me to the to the dinner room, and Ivar was already sited

God, he looked gorgeous.

"Ivar, do you remember Antoinette, from the fashion show? She was the one that invited us." Ivar got up and shook hands with me.

"I remember, it's a pleasure to see you again, Miss."

"The pleasure it's all mine, Mr. Lothbrok." How Lily is not realizing the tension between us?

"Love, I called Floki and Helga for lunch. Can you pick them up, downstairs?" I couldn't stand hearing Ivar calling his wife Love, it's sickening.

"Alright." Lily left the room and left me and Ivar alone.

He got close to me, his breath was erratic, God how I miss this man.

"When she told me that you were coming, I needed to be here. Why are you traveling with Chuck Bass? I know that you feel something for me too, don't deny it. Why did you refused my offer that way?" He was angry, I could tell. But he was hurt too, I guess that him and Chuck share a past.

"Mr. Lothbrok, please, step back." I couldn't think straight with Ivar so close to me.

"No, not until you answer my question, why?" He closed even more the space between us, if that's possible.

"Please, your wife will get here at any minute." I whispered, Ivar makes me feel weak on my knees.

"I don't care, do you have any idea how much inner strength I need to not to take you right here and right now?" He whispered in my ear, he will be my downfall.

"Mr. Lothbrok, I heard your conversation with your brother. And I want to say that you are the one that is desperate, you know nothing about my life, or about me. So forgive me for declining your absurd offer, I told you before, I'm not going to be your mistress." I stepped back, and his face immediately softens.

"Let me explain...." He stopped talking when he heard the elevator door.

"There's nothing to explain." I said and Lily and Floki entered the room.

"Floki."

"Ivar."

They hugged each other, the years didn't affect their relationship.

"Helga couldn't be here, she's with our daughter." He smiled and looked at me.
"Who are you?" Floki asked curious.

"She's my friend, Antoinette Grace Francie Occidentale." Lily said proud.

"So you know Rollo?"

"Yes, he is my brother in law, but he's like a brother, no doubt." I said softly.

"Well, let's eat? I'm starving." Lily said and we went to the table.

The lunch was fine, but Ivar intense stare was a little uncomfortable. When we finished, Ivar left right after, he couldn't wait to leave.

"Antoinette, let's do this again." Lily said to me.

"Of course, we will." I kissed her and I entered the elevator with Floki.

The door closed and Floki looked at me, he was smirking.

"Long time no see, Thays." I froze.