01

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄
you think you want to die, but in reality, you want to be saved

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄 you think you want to die, but in reality, you want to be saved

"GROSS."

Clarke yanked her trusty sword out of the head of a walker. She groaned and quickly wiped the blood on her already dirty jeans.

She slid her sword back into its sheath on her back, and her blonde hair swayed when she bent down to pick up a black bag before continuing to venture further into the woods.

Leaves crunch under Clarke's combat boots as she raised her left hand and ran it over the bark of a tree as she walked by. The bark was like chipped old paint that cracked and fluttered down to the ground before getting lost in the litter of leaves and twigs.

The tree was cold under her hand and the boughs above were naked, swaying almost imperceptibly in the winter breeze. Soon it would grow tight buds, and they would crack open to reveal the soft-pea green of new papery leaves.

Clarke jolted to a stop as a scream echoed through the trees. It came from the highway.

Clarke crouched low behind a bush as two walkers chased after a young girl. Before she could jump out and save the girl, a man came running up from behind the walkers. She lowered her body as far as she could to the ground, making it impossible for the man to see her small frame.

The man grabbed the young girl, ran towards a cave made of mud and sticks and set her down. He quickly spoke to her, but Clarke was too far to hear what he was saying. After he finished speaking, the man ran off in the direction the walkers had wandered. Clarke had stayed hidden and watched the girl until four walkers showed up and started making their way to where she was hidden.

Slowly, Clarke dropped her bag and took two daggers out of her boot's before leaping out of her hiding spot and sprinting towards the girl who had jumped out of the cave in fear.

At the sound of her approaching footsteps, the walkers turned to Clarke, snarling in hunger. She snarled back in disgust and picked up ber pace, and when Clarke was close enough, her training kicked in. She swiftly jumped over one of them, landing heavily on her hands before rolling another way and jumping to her feet in front of another walker that was gaining on the girl.

After stabbing the walker in the eye and leaving her dagger there, Clarke turned and threw her other dagger into the head of a walker that was extremely close to the girl. Clarke quickly turned back to her first kill, took the dagger out of it's eye and threw it into the second last walkers forehead. Noticing one left, she hastily unsheathed her sword and cut it's head clean off.

Blowing out a breath, Clarke swiped her hair back and out of her face. She put her sword back in its rightful place before collecting her daggers. Turning towards the girl slowly, Clarke placed her hands up.

The little girl was clutching her doll tightly, her body shaking in fear, so Clarke quickly slipped in front of her, and placed her hand over her opened mouth before she could scream. Clarke pressed her lips into a thin line and connected eyes with the girl.