14

𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓
what doesn't kill you gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor

𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓what doesn't kill you gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor

SIX MONTHS LATER

"WE'VE got no place left to go." Clarke leaned forward on her hands, the palm's burning up due to the heat flowing up from the engine of the car.

"When this herd meets up with this one," Maggie pointed to two roads that led to the one they're currently on. "We'll be cut off, we'll never make it south."

"What do you say, it's about 150 head?" Daryl questioned, leaning on his elbows, looking at Glenn with squinted eyes.

Clarke shook her head. "That was last week, could be twice that now," she informed him, exhaling deeply as she thought.

Hershel pointed to a river that went almost through all the roads. "This river could have delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through this."

T shook his head. "Yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way."

Clarke heaved out a breath, leaned back, crossed her arms, and said, "So we're blocked."

"Only thing to do is double back at 27th and swing towards Greenville."

T scratched his bald head in thought. "We picked through that already, it's like we spent the winter going in circles."

"Wait," Clarke spoke up, nodding to Rick as she thought of something. "At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through the area." She paused, glancing over at Lori who sat in a car, "We can't keep going house to house. We need to find some place to hold up for at least few weeks, you know, until Lori has given birth, and we can find a better place, possibly a safe haven, for the baby."

Mary looked at her daughter, proud, but she hated the fact that she had to grow up as a hunter, and then this bullshit happens.

She then stepped forward, looking between her daughter and Rick who were the ones in charge of everything. "We need to go to the creek, grab some water. We can boil it later."

"GO."

Clarke pushed Sophia and the others through the fence that led to a prison. The possible safe haven she had suggested.

She was the last one through and she helped patch up the whole in the fence the made with wire. And once down, they ran through the passageway's that had fence's on both sides of them