11

𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐌
you can't make fire afraid

"RICK and Shane ain't back?" Was the first thing that was asked once Daryl and Glenn walked into the living room

"No," Clarke was the one to speak, shaking her head. "We heard a shot." Sophia's grip on her hand tightened. "Maybe they found Randall," she suggested, hoping that is what happened. 'Cause, if it was anything else, that means that Rick is in danger.

"We found him."

Everything stopped as Clarke thought about the words that had just came out of his mouth. If they found Randall...

"Is he back in the shed?"

"He's a walker."

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel questioned, standing near his family members.

"No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit," Glenn told them, his face a little paler than usual. "His neck was broke."

"So he fought back," Patricia spoke for the first time in awhile.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other." Clarke pursed her lips; Daryl knows what she knows. Shane let Randall go and most likely killed him. "And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together."

"Would you please get back out there." Lori stepped forward, her hands shaking. "Find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?"

Daryl nodded, "You got it."

"Thank you."

"Wait." Clarke followed after Daryl, her hand gripping his bicep as they made it out onto the porch. He turned to her questionably, but she wasn't paying attention to him no more. Her eyes were set on something else.

Walkers.

A bunch of them. And they were heading their way.

"Can't we just get one damn day of peace!?" Clarke exclaimed as the others came out into the porch.

"Patricia, kill the lights," Hershel ordered her and she ran inside the house as quickly as she could.

"I'll get the guns." Andrea ran inside as well.

All Clarke could do was stare out onto the field that was walker infested. Why does this have to happen now? Why now of all times?