19

𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐔𝐍
give me a fucking break!

CLARKE shoveled the oatmeal looking food into my mouth — greedily might she add

CLARKE shoveled the oatmeal looking food into my mouth — greedily might she add. Ever since the attack of walkers yesterday, she hadn't had an appetite, plus, it doesn't help that she was barely eating before that. She was just too worried for everyone else than to take care of herself. Cas made bet realize that, and she's glad that he did because now she realized how badly she was starving herself.

"Everybody okay?"

Clarke nearly fell out of my seat due to the sudden voice. Everyone had been quiet until that voice filled the empty air.

Quickly, she grabbed onto Cas' arm as he was about to jump out of his seat. He looked at her questionably and she shook her head at him before turning to Rick. "Yeah, we are. What about you?"

Rick cleared his throat. "I cleared out the boiler block."

Daryl — who sat on the steps — spoke up, fiddling with his oatmeal, "How many were there?"

Rick shrugged, sniffing. "I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back." He patted his son on the back who was looking down at the table, frowning, "Just wanted to check on Carl."

Clarke stood up abruptly, "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to—"

Rick nodded, glaring at her. Even though he tried to not show the pain, it was there, and she saw it. "No, I do." He then marched up to Daryl, signaling her over. She walked over there to hear him ask, "Everyone have a gun and a knife?"

"Yeah." Daryl nodded. "We're running low on ammo, though."

"Maggie and I were planning on making a run this afternoon. And by the look I'm receiving by Clarke, she'll be coming, too," Glenn spoke up, making Clarke smirk. "We found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula."

"We cleared out the generator room," Clarke piped in, leaning onto the steps railing. "Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. They're gonna sweep the lower levels while I'm out with Maggie and Glenn."

Rick nodded, impressed. "Good, good." He then started walking away, his head down.

Hershel called out to him, "Rick."

Rick closed the gate behind him, his footsteps the only thing they could hear echoing through the tunnels.

THERE was a knock on Clarke'x cell room before her curtain that she had put up, was moved to the side, Daryl walking in.