37

𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑
endure and survive

"AGAIN," Clarke ordered Sophia as she swung a machete at her

"AGAIN," Clarke ordered Sophia as she swung a machete at her. She grunted as she swung it at Clarke's head who easily dodged it. "Again!"

Clarke was currently teaching her how to take care of herself. Honestly, she should've done it long ago but Carol would never let her, saying something about how she would always be there to protect her daughter.

It's been a week since the whole incident with those two men, and they haven't had any trouble since then, only a few walkers here and there, nothing too big.

Sophia so far knows how to use a gun, small knives, and can throw a good punch, but that's all she knows how to handle. So, now Clarke is teaching her how to wield bigger weapons, and then they'll move into hand to hand combat.

She is actually okay in hand to hand combat because of the experience she has had that had needed it. So, they'll do that last.

"Again," Clarke demanded, loudly.

She grunted and let out a frustrated yell before finally hitting Clarke with the machete. The blonde nodded in approval and tapped the helmet on her head that had prevented her from getting her head chopped off.

"Good, good," Clarke complimented. "Now, put down the sword and fight me. Once you can take me down, you're done for the day."

"Okay." She nodded determinanly, and threw down the machete far from them, and then got in a defensive mode and held up her fists.

"Strike one," Clarke said. "Don't put your fists up like that until you're going to swing. It gives your opponent a thought on what you're gonna do. And when you're gonna throw a punch, try to sike the other person out, okay?"

She nodded and lowered her fists. As Clarke nodded and went to take a step back, she threw her fist towards her at a fast pace. Clarke grunted and stumbled back, holding her nose as she did so.

Her eyes widened as she looked down at the fourteen year old girl who had gotten the better of her within two minutes of practice.

"Damn," Clarke whistled as she wiggled her nose, pain shooting up it as she did so. "That was one hella punch," she stated, making both of them laugh. She nodded and got into a stance. "Try it again."

Sophia cracked her neck and smirked, and went to throw a right hook at Clarke who easily dodged it. She grunted and changed her stance. She wanted Clarke to think that she was gonna throw another right hook, but she actually went to throw a left one. The blonde Winchester quickly grabbed her left fist and pushed it away from her.

"Again," Clarke demanded.

Sophia let out a frustrated breath and sent a kick to her legs, but Clarke easily gripped it and threw her backwards. She landed hard on her back, letting out a huff. "I can't. You're way more experienced than I am. I will never be able to beat you." She pouted, crossing her arms.

Clarks sighed and lowered her hands to her sides as she looked down at her. "Soph—"

She was cut off as feet swept under her, knocking her to the ground with a loud thud. She grunted before letting out a loud laugh.

Soon, Sophia joined her in laughter. "I can't believe I got you, again." She laid fully on her back, her smile huge as she laughed.

"Yeah, I can't believe a little kid beat me at my own game." Clarke chuckled as she laid down beside her. She let out a breath and looked over at her, her smile fading a little as she saw Sophia looking back at me with sad hazel-green eyes. "What?"

"Do you think we'll ever find them?" She suddenly asked, frowning. "I mean, you have to be missing your brothers and Cas. I miss them."

"Yeah..." Clarke trailed off, looking up at the bright blue sky. "I miss them a lot, too. Who wouldn't? They're family." She looked back over at her. "They probably miss us, too."

"Especially Daryl," She said, chuckling again. "I see... saw... the way you two looked at each other. Maybe if we find them, again, you two can get together."

Clarke blushed deeply at the thought of Daryl but then smirked over at her. "And what about Carl, huh? I saw the way you two looked at each other. Maybe you guys will get together." She laughed as she saw Sophia blush deeply, her face heating up under the bright sky.

"If only." She sighed, calming down.

"Yeah..." Clarke sighed along with her, looking back up at the sky with sad eyes. "If only..."

It was just Sophia and Clarke, now. All alone.

Maybe they will find the rest of the group but who knows.