20

𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍
i am not in danger. i am the danger

CLARKE wake like she's hooked up the mains

CLARKE wake like she's hooked up the mains. No sleepiness, no slow warming up.

Within seconds of realizing she was conscious, she tried to stand up but she bounded. She struggled, feeling rope rub against her wrists that seemed to be tied down on the arms of a wood like chair. She let out an annoyed breath and looked up, drinking in the feedback of all her senses. Aside from her own noisy breath there is nothing to be heard and the room is simply too dark to see much at all.

Footsteps were then heard.

Whoever is coming up the passageway is either heavily armed or a leader who considers themselves untouchable. Whilst she slunk back into the chair, getting comfortable, her head tilted slightly. Whoever the person is, they allow their footsteps to echo off the buildings announcing their arrival to all in a several hundred metre radius.

ClarkeMs eyes squint as the door to the room she's in, opens, allowing a little light into the room. She's curious to see who walks so fearlessly.

"She is awake." A man chuckled humorlessly, and a light was turned on which made her flinch back due to the sudden brightness. "How is your head, sweetie?"

"Better than your fucking face, looks like," she spat, thrashing her hands around, trying to get the rope to loosen around her wrists.

"Oh, you sure do have a mouth on ya." He grinned, planting his ass on the wooden table that is in front of her. She rose her eyes up to his face and squinted. He was maybe around forty with slight wrinkles, blue eyes full of mischief and malice even though he tries to hide it. "I heard you busted Merles' nose."

Clarke forced a grin. "Yeah, well, he got up in my personal bubble."

"You think your funny, don't you?" Merle came storming in, his blue eyes swarming with anger.

"Nah." She clicked her tongue, pursing her lips. "I think I'm adorable."

"You won't be after I'm done with you," Merle spat, marching up to her, his fist connecting with her cheek, a smacking sound was emitted.

"That's brought, Merle!" The man — who she didn't know — yelled. He bounded up to Merle before ushering him out of the room. "Now that he's gone..." the man turned to her, smiling falsely. "I'm the Governor." He tilted his head down at her, his body only inches away from her.

"People like to call me Lucifer." She gave him a malicing look.

"So, you like to play games, huh?" He chuckled before roughly grabbing her chin tightly. "Well, I don't."