23

𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑
bare those teeth and snarl, baby

CLARKE stared out the window of the moving car

CLARKE stared out the window of the moving car. Michonne was driving and Rick was in the passenger seat as Carl and her sat in the back.

They had been driving for a few hours now, and she was really tired of being in the car.

So, that is why she was happy when the car rolled to a stop. She got out of the car and looked around, her eyes analyzing the abandoned police station. She looked to Rick, shutting her car door. He nodded and then the four of them ventured to into the building.

"No," Clarke mumbled as she saw that the place was already raided. She ran a hand through her hair as Rick kicked a shelf, muttering angrily to himself. "You got any other police stations in town?"

Rick turned to her and shook his head, "I was the police here. Me and a few other guys. It ain't a big town." He breathed in through his nose. "There's other places to check. May not have as many guns as were in here, but..."

"We need as many guns as were in here," Michonne stated and Clarke agreed. If they wanted to beat the Governor and his bunch of merry men, then they need all the guns they can get their hands on. "Ammo, too."

Rick turned and glared at her, "Yeah, we do. But right now, I only got a line on a couple. There's a few places out on the main street ... bars, a liquor store. Owners had a gun or two behind the counter that people didn't know about. I did. I signed the permits. They might still be there." He stepped closer to her, "Do you have a problem with that approach?"

She looked him in the eyes, her body tense, "No, Rick. I don't have a problem."

"Okay. Calm down." Clarke pushed them away from each other. Rick might not trust her, but Clarke does. It's just a feeling she has. "We all need to work together to survive this."

"Yeah..." Rick slowly stepped back. "You're right."

They then ventured out through the town, passing an area with burnt piled up corpses. There was also chalk drawn arrows on the sidewalk, pointing them to go further into town.

Maybe this town wasn't as abandoned as it looked...

They made their way around a corner to only see many contraptions with large spikes pointed out in many different ways. There was pallets all around, almost looking like it was creating a fence of some type. There was even cages with small animals in them; probably to lure in walkers. There was also many signs saying that they should turn around and leave.