The Ways Of The Valkyrie

Let us just freeze the brakes on this tale for a moment... you—yes, delightful person reading this now—have taken this great adventure to 2nd in Epic Fantasy. Are you for real? I really hope so because that is unreal. Thank you. The support here really makes this whole creativity thing a bit more interesting. 

Now, back to what you truly came for...

"Tayarhg!"

Was that supposed to be my name? Gods he was actually getting worse at the pronunciation. How could you go from Kadoon, to Joseph and now to... Tayarhg? In a matter of spans.

"Tayglar. The man speaks to you." John pitched in.

"Tayjarrr! See to it—"

"Enough! Mindless simpletons!" I snapped at John and Kaden.

They did not shake the grins from their faces but I would bet coin that can change with the threat of otherworldly power—

Before I could do something foolishly wonderful, Nox placed a hand over my shoulder and issued me a warm smile. I mimicked it briefly before shrugging out from the giant sweaty hand.

"What now?"

"Cap' wants fighters with im' to port. Rest needa' stay an' guard tha ship." He grumbled.

I stared at him flatly waiting for more. He stared back blankly as if losing all sense of... for the love of the gods.

"Why do I feel like that is not a request?" I demanded.

Nox turned sheepish and drew his hands together. "We agh. Kadoon fought well wid tha lads n' I think it best for moral if he be joinin—"

"Wait, wait." I interrupted quickly throwing my hands before him. "You just wish to take Kaden with you, no one else from my group?" I cocked an eyebrow.

I heard John scoffing from the ground and Kaden's ego inflating around me.

"It only be for a few spans! I swear—"

"He's all yours." I responded easily.

John cackled a laugh and Kaden merely crossed his arms unbothered. Nox looked momentarily lost. Again. Before he collected himself and threw me a broad, toothy grin. He slapped my shoulder hard and I fought down the flash of energy that rose to meet it.

"Ya' truly are a saviour you lot! He will change tha game wit recruitin' I swears by the locker." He called as he eyed the tree of a man in admiration.

Again with this locker. Was that a sailors term for Valhalla? A god? Perhaps even a lovely destination. I shook the thoughts away. Let them keep their insanity.

"We will be sure to guard the ship with our lives." I returned with a smirk. I felt John watching me in the corner of my eye but I did not take my own off the ape in front of me.

"Hah! Ya seem not worried of ya' companion."

"It is not Kadoon, I need to worry about. It is anyone on the wrong side of him." I muttered. "The man could end lives if he fell on you wrong."

Nox boomed out another laugh and tried to slap me again but I sidestepped it easily. Kaden lost his smug look and glared.

"If you need me, look for a lion. Or a bewitched." I snorted.

This sobered him as he recalled his promise once more. I shook a hand at his sombre expression and smirked. "All is well, Nox. I will tend to the spelled woman."