The start

Victoria's POV

"Mommy where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to Portugal, it's going to be your first time out of Canada!" my mom said. "And we're going to buy a cottage there so we can go every summer!" my dad said. "Your 3 years old and I think this is a good time to go because by the time your older, you'll know it well enough to even live there." my dad said. "What about Sebastian?" (My younger brother) I asked. "Grandma and Grandpa will take care of him while we're gone." My dad said.

-------------------

IN PORTUGAL

-------------------

"We're here" my mom said. We got to our cottage and I was playing in the front yard when a soccer ball rolled over to me, I looked up and saw a boy about my age. He said "hello" I introduced myself "hi, my name is Victoria" "I'm Cristiano, I'm 3 years old, how old are you?" "I'm 3 too!" I said exited. We started playing soccer and I instantly knew we were going to be best friends! We played together everyday that week, it's too bad I couldn't stay longer because of my brother, but we came back again in August.

As my brother and I got older, we would stay there for 2-3 weeks, and once I was 13 we stayed there for a whole month!

One summer when I was 14, about a week after I came back from Portugal, I my phone started ringing, I saw Cristiano was FaceTiming me! I picked up all happy and I could see that he was too. I told him how much I missed him already and he told me to look out my window. I was confused at this point but I did as he said, I looked and there he was with his phone in one hand and his soccer ball in the other! Oh my gosh! I was so happy to see him! And memories came back of him doing the same thing in Portugal. He would yell my name asking if I could come out in the mornings, and sometimes I would do the same. I dropped my phone and ran out the door and hugged him and he hugged back! "What are you doing here?!!" I exclaimed happily. "I asked my parents if I could surprise you by coming and they said yes!" We hugged again.

We spent the whole day together! We walked to the high school I was going to go to and I told him how I want him to go with me and how it sucked that we lived in totally different countries. He agreed. It was getting dark so we headed back to my house

Cristiano's POV

We walked back to her house, I loved her so much, as a best friend. I slept over for about 4 days. We had so much fun watching movies, playing football, and just hanging out!

Today was the day I was leaving.. And I was so upset because Victoria wouldn't be able to go to Portugal again this summer because she had to get ready for high school and she was baby sitting. She and her family drove me to the airport, I was about to board my flight, i herd her calling my name, I turned around and she jumped into my arms, we hugged for like a minute, she let go and I gave her a kiss on the cheek and then boarded my flight. For the rest of the year we tried to FaceTime at least once every day, some days we both were busy with homework, but we never lost touch.

I would text her a good morning and good night text every day and she would reply right away. She would tell me how much she misses me and how it was hard making new friends since she had me her whole life.. But she eventually did. She also got a boyfriend, his name was 'Matthew' and he was one of those hockey guys, tall, built, and had a flow. I bet he doesn't even have abs like me! Whatever she's my best friend, it's not like she's my girlfriend or anything. I didn't know what to think of that. She had another guy in her life and I guess I felt like she was going to forget me.. I guess I was.. Jealous.

One day I FaceTimed her and she picked up, she was with 'Matthew' ug. He introduced himself to me and he asked me what sports I play, I said soccer. He said that soccer was for pussy's, I defended myself saying that soccer is a hard game and it's a bigger area to run than for hockey. Victoria right away said "Babe, I play soccer too, I thought u knew that.." He said "yeah I know but still, you play hockey too so it evens it out." He started to kiss her trying make her forget about the conversation we just had. I don't know why I felt so.. Angry.. And upset. I hung up right away. I got a text from her

"Why'd u hang up? 😔"

"Oh um sorry mi amour, my mom wanted me to help her with something." I lied.

"Oh ok, well I'll ttyl! 💕"

"Okay ily, bye"

-------------------

THE SUMMER

-------------------

Victoria POV

I'm so excited to see Cristiano, for the whole summer this time! I'm spending 2 months with my best friend ever!

------------------

IN PORTUGAL

------------------

Cristiano met me at the airport, I ran into his arms and he hugged back. I got settled in to my cottage and Cristiano and I were in my room, he seemed kind of upset. "Cris, you ok? Aren't you happy that I'm here for the whole summer?" I asked kind of worried. "Of course I'm happy! It's just, please don't talk about 'Matthew' around me." He said. "Don't worry about that.. We broke up." I said kind of happily. "Oh you did? Why?" He had a little smile. "I don't know, there wasn't really a connection. And I only need one guy in my life." I smiled and he hugged me. I don't know how we managed to keep this friendship so strong by only seeing each other in person once a year, but we somehow did.

Please vote and comment 🌟 it would be greatly appreciated 💕