7.

Elliot's P.O.V

Knock, knock, knock

Someone walked into the room but I was half asleep and not paying attention until that someone jumped on the bed and ripping my blanket off after.

"Whoever this is has some real balls" I grumbled.

"Last time I checked" he teased.

"Get off me Steve" I said, sitting up as much as I could and flattening my hair.

He pointed to the corner of his mouth "you gotta lil somethin right there".

I rolled my eyes, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I threw my head down along with my hair and flattened it all together into a ponytail, tying it with a scrunchie and flipping up head and my hair back up.

"What's today?" I asked, grabbing my cherry chapstick off my desk and putting some on my lips before putting it away.

"Wednesday" he replied "ya got school kid"

"School can -" I went to say but he cut me off.

"Oh come on" he said, getting up and walking out the door.

I pushed myself off the bed and got up, pushing the door closed.

I walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans with a few rips in them and a classic white shirt with my jean jacket over it.

I left my hair up in a ponytail and picked up my books and papers, walking out my door and to the bathroom.

I set my books down on the counter as I brushed my teeth.

I then made my way to the living room with my books where once again everyone was. I walked over to where Soda was sitting and sat on the ground as always. It was like tradition or something now.

I stayed quiet for a moment but I couldn't keep quiet any longer "I'm thinking about dropping out" I blurted out.

Everyone looked over at me

"Why? You only got two and a half years left" Dallas shrugged.

"How come your only protective over me? You're like some kinda troublemaker but when it comes to me it's different" I shrugged

"That's cause I give a shit about you" Dallas said leaning forward.

"Seriously Cherry, you don't wanna end up like me" Soda interjected

"Oh are you talking to me now?" I said looking up at him.

"Come on Elliot, don't be like that" Soda rubbed the back of his neck.

I ignored him and went on to talking "I'm serious, I was thinkin about getting a job down at the record store. That way I can help out with some of the bills" I said and looked up to Darry.

Darry looked to Dallas and Dallas looked to me. "Elliot if you think you should I know I can't stop ya, but give it some though will ya" Darry said.

I nodded "I've given it a lot of thought" I said and looked around "I just haven't decided completely"

I picked up my books and stood up at Johnny and Pony both stood up.

"I'll let y'all know if I do" I said, as I waved to them and we walked out the door.

"Are ya really gonna drop out?" Johnny winced thinking about it.

"i'm really thinking about it" i answered, kicking a rock.

"Even Soda will tell ya you shouldn't" Pony interfered

"I'm not like Soda ... okay well i guess i kinda am, but it's just school doesn't do anything for me. I'm always causin trouble and i'm pretty dumb" i explained.