Epiloge

Elliot's P.O.V

I grasped onto the dog tags and ring around my neck. Whenever I was nervous I held onto them.

I stood on the porch of the Curtis's house. I was really gonna miss this house, it's been home to me for about a year. I felt like I knew these guys for 10 years ...

I tried to hold back tears but my eyes wouldn't let me. Hot tears poured down my eyes. It was my last day in Tulsa, who knew how long it would be til I could come back, or even if I could.

Two arms wrapped around my torso. Soda warmth was always familiar. I leaned back into him.

"Don't worry baby, you'll be back in no time" he whispered calmly.

"I hope you're right" I sighed.

He turned to around to looked at him and softly wiped my tears away with his thumb "I am, I'm always right."

I chuckled a bit "I wouldn't say always."

"But I got you to laugh" he grinned.

Soon enough all of the gang was outside and the car that came to pick me up was parked outside the house.

I turned to the group, I felt like I've lost everything these past few days.

I walked up to Darry first and hugged him. "Thank you ...  for letting me become a part of this family." I half-sobbed.

He just hugged me back. I let go of him and moved on to Two-Bit.

He stopped me "I'm not good at this emotional stuff" he warned me.

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck anyways. To my surprise he hugged me back.

"I'm gonna miss you" he sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you and your wise crackin too" I chuckled a bit before letting go of him.

I looked to Steve. Steve and I had become so close. He was like a brother to me, maybe a little more than the rest.

I hugged him swiftly. He lifted me up off my feet a little.

"I'll miss you Ell" he laughed a bit.

"I'm gonna miss you too Steve" I squeezed him a bit before letting him go.

I walked carefully to Ponyboy. I grabbed him by the shoulders softly. I brushed his hair back a bit, he didn't have i chance to put grease in it today. "You know I really like your hair blonde" I nodded softly.

He grinned "I look like a pansy."

"No you don't Pony" I laughed "I'm gonna miss you a lot kid. Don't be goin off to the movies alone anymore okay?" I said and hugged him softly.

He hugged me back "Yeah, yeah I'll miss you too Elliot."

I pulled away from him and walked over in front of Soda, who had a couple tears glistening on his cheek. "Oh baby" I cried and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He hugged me tightly. I was surely gonna miss him. Soda was my rock, my soulmate.

"I love you" I cried.

"I love you too" he cleared his throat.

I let go of him. He walked with me to the car, but stopped me before I got in.

"I remember you talkinn' about how you like how guys have their girls their ring and ..." he trailed off, pulling a ring I hadn't noticed off his finger. "I decided I should probably get one for us" he said and picked up my hand, sliding it on my finger.

I wanted to sob, I wanted to break down right there and make them let me stay. But I knew I couldn't.

"Soda ... I love it" I smiled sadly.

"So everyone in New York knows you've got a guy back in Tulsa." He smiled.

I smiled softly "don't worry, everyone will know" I said.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. I leaned in and kissed him softly, him kissing me back.

"Mrs. Winston we have to go" the person driving ushered me, but I didn't listen.

I pulled away from Soda and gave him one last squeeze.

I waved to everyone and climbed into the car. Before we pulled away from the house I rolled the window down. "I am a greaser!" I yelled out to them.

"I am a JD" Steve yelled back.

"And a hood" Soda finished off.

I sank back down in my seat, and that was the last time I ever saw those guys ...

No I'm totally kidding, but you'll have to read the sequel to find out what happens next:)