35.

Elliot's P.O.V

"I love you" I smiled and kissed SodaPop softly.

"I Love you too" he kissed me back, letting go of me as I walked over to Masons car and go in the passenger side.

"Ready?" Mason asked.

"Yeah, let's go" I nodded.

Mason looked out the window and waved slightly to SodaPop as he pulled out of the DX and onto the street.

"Where are we going?" I wondered.

"You know that diner up the street? I uh can't remember what it's called uh..." he trailed off.

"The Frosty Palace" I chuckled.

"Yeah, that one" he grinned "you ever been there?" He wondered.

"Yeah of course, I went there on like my third day here with Steve, Ponyboy, and SodaPop" I nodded, looking out the window as the buildings pass.

"Wow, you've really come to know this place huh" he said, as we pulled into the diner.

"Well Yeah, I've been here for a few months now. Almost a year and I like it here" I said. We both got out of the car.

We walked up to the doors and he held it open for me as I walked in with him behind me.

We found an empty booth and sat down across from each other.

After a few seconds of sitting there a waitress came up to us.

"What can I get you two kids?" She asked.

"I'll take a hamburger and fries with a coke please" I answered.

She nodded and wrote it down and then looked to Mason.

"I'll have the same" he smiled softly.

The Waitress wrote another thing down and then nodded to us as she walked away.

"So, how are you doing? I feel like I haven't really talked to you" he asked, setting his arms on top of the table.

"I've been real good actually. I mean as best can be, one of the gang got beat up pretty bad" I sighed "but he's doin a lot better now of course, that was back in like February".

"Oh, that's rough" he winced "hope he's doin alright ... you and Soda doin okay too?".

"We're doin great, he's a real good person. He's funny and sweet and he doesn't care what anyone thinks" I smiled and looked down at my hands "I mean, I know he's kinda lousy towards girls. Most of those guys are, most greaser are. But not with me, none of those guys are. They respect me, maybe because I'm Dallas's kid sister I don't know ...".

"Boy have they turned you soft" Mason teased me.

I gasped playfully and looked up at him "leave me alone" I chuckled "I know they have, you don't gotta rub it in".

He chuckled " ... sorry".

Soon enough the food was set down on the table in front of us.

"Listen Elliot ... the real reason I wanted to see you was because I had to tell ya, I had to tell ya that I'm leaving Tulsa" he smiled softly.

"What, why?"

"Well, the reason I came down here in the first place is to make sure you settled in okay ... and now that I see you have I think it's time for me to go on home" he nodded, picking up a French fry and popping it into his mouth.

I tilted my head to the right "Well I guess I understand. I'm gon' miss you though"

"I'm gonna miss you too Ella".