36.

Elliot's P.O.V

• 2 months later •

"Well school just started" Johnny pointed out.

"I know, I know" I sighed tiredly, I hadn't got any sleep the night before "I'm gonna grab the papers tomorrow on my way to homeroom and I fill them out after".

"Are you really goin through with this El?" Ponyboy questioned.

I nodded and heisted "I think so.." I shrugged.

"I can't tell if that was a yes or a no" Johnny cleared his throat.

"Oh good, I wasn't the only one who didn't understand" Ponyboy half-smiled.

I rolled my eyes "Hey Ponyboy, Who was that girl you were talkin to?" I said, Changing the subject.

Ponyboy's face turned a soft red color, he picked his hand up to his neck and rubbed the back of his neck softly. "Just a girl".

I chuckled "it's not just a girl, who is she?".

"That's Ponyboy's crush" Johnny teased him.

"Come on Johnny" he said embarrassed "she's a cool girl, we're just friends though okay" he said, nodding softly.

"What's her name?" I urged.

"Charlotte" Ponyboy answered "Charlotte Lapson".

"She's cute, you think she likes you back?" I wondered.

He shrugged "I never said I like her, Johnny said that" he pointed out, trying to cover up the obvious fact that he did like her.

"Look Pony, if you need help with a girl feel free to ask me okay. I know a thing or two about that stuff" I winked playfully.

He winced "Elliot ... you're not exactly someone I would think of to ask about that".

I scoffed "damn Pony, I may not be the girliest or the fanciest but I'm a girl and I understand that kinda stuff".

He chuckled "okay, maybe I will ... but I don't need it right now. I don't know if I like her, were just friends".

"Whatever You say Pony"I teased him as we got to the Curtis's house finally.

We walked inside and it was only us. "Wonder where Dally is" I wondered, going and setting my books down in my room.

"Yesterday he mentioned something about Lacey" Ponyboy grinned.

"Really!" I said a bit too excited as I walked back out my room and to the two boys on the couch.

Ponyboy raises an eyebrow "Yeah ... why are you so happy about that?" He wondered.

"Well I - I kinda talked Dallas into goin to see her" I shrugged as I sat down on the floor in front of the couch. I don't know why I always sat down on the floor.

"Why?" Johnny asked.

"Because I think she'd be good for him, I told him I thought he should give it a try again ... you know a relationship" I answered, leaning my head back on the couch.

"Maybe, I just hope he don't hurt her again" Johnny winced.

"I'm just tryna keep Dally in line, we both got responsibilities now. He can't be gettin into trouble with the fuzz anymore, him and I are in this alone and if something goes wrong I could have to go back to New York" I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Well, none of us want you to go back to New York" Ponyboy commented.

"Don't even worry about they Elliot, we ain't gonna let that happen" Johnny assured me.