23.

Elliot's P.O.V

•skipping to New Years•

Today SodaPop and I were going to Masons Aunts stable. Since Soda already knew how to ride and take care of a horse we didn't need his aunt to help us but ... I would need help from Soda.

Since it's New Years we didn't work so that worked out perfectly.

I walked out of my room with my usual plain t-shirt, jeans, converse, and the jacket Soda gave me.

"Hey SodaPop, you ready?" I asked and stood behind the couch but Soda wasn't over there.

Suddenly two hands gripped the sides of the torso, causing me to jump and turn around. I smacked him on the chest "don't scare me like that.

I looked him up and down and this time instead of his normal blue DX button up, he had on a white t-shirt with a flannel over it. He always looked good in flannels.

"I'm driving" I grinned.

"Do you have a license?" He raised an eyebrow.

I pulled out a wallet from my pocket and opened it to show my license and grinned, putting the wallet back Into my pocket.
"Got it in Connecticut" I said and looked over to Darry "mind if I drive the truck today?"

"Sure thing kid" he said and tossed the keys to me.

I caught the keys and moved out of the way of Soda and over to the door "see y'all later" I called and Soda followed me out the door.

I got in the drivers side of the truck and he got into the passenger seat. I stared the truck and pulled out of the driveway and began to drive to Mason's, Aunt's stable.

It didn't take too long to get there and once we got there I pulled into a small parking area where another car was parked.

I turned off the truck and took the keys out then got out of the truck along with Soda.

We walked down to the stable and someone was there tending to the horses.

The woman turned and smiled to us "I assume you are Elliot and SodaPop?" She asked.

I nodded "that's us"

"It's nice to meet you, i'm Mali the hostler here" she stuck out a hand for us to shake. I shook her hand first and then Soda did. "Sheryl" Mason's aunt "tells me that this young man knows how to ride a horse already" she said nodding to Soda "so I'll leave you two to your business" she said and with that walked off over to one of the stalls.

I looked to Soda "your gonna need to help me out with this, I'm new to it" I laughed a little.

He laughed and nodded "let's pick out a couple horses" he said and we began to walk down the stable.

Soda picked out a black horse with a few white spots here and there and i picked out a White one.

Soda easily had the horse out of the stall with the saddle and everything on it.

"Come over and hold him for me while I get yours" he said

I waked over and held the reigns of the horse while he went to get mine ready. I gently reached out and pet the side of the horses neck and it let me.

"Do you know their names?" I asked Mali.

She nodded "the white ones Alaska and the black ones Bandit"

Soda got the other horse out and saddled up and then took his back while I took the reigns of the one I chose.

"Okay, the only part I know is how to get up on a horse" I chuckled.