26.

Soda's P.O.V
(This will be one of the only times it's someone besides Elliot's Point of view!)

"Cherry" I said softly.

"Whatever Soda" she said quietly and I could hear the sadness in her voice. Evie and her walked out of the Dingo and probably back to our house.

I hated seeing her upset, I hated it. I wish she would have let me tell her what's going on.

I walked back to where Sandy was and stood in front of her. "I-" I began but she cut me off by standing up.

She looked down "I'm no good for you and that's why I asked you to come here. I wanted you to get closure and I needed it myself but I'm not what you need, she is. I don't need you anymore Soda but she does. You know she came over to me to ask me how I could do what I'd did to you and what had happened lately cause you wouldn't tell her what was upsetting you. She told me she hadn't cared about anyone like she cared about you ... So, go get her" she nodded slowly.

I looked down at the ground "thanks Sandy".

She smiled softly and nodded.

I sighed and ran out of the Dingo quickly.

I ran home first because I figured that's where she would be but, when I got in she wasn't there.

"SodaPop, you okay?" Ponyboy asked.

"Did Elliot come home?" I asked, out of breath.

Darry and Pony looked to each other and both shook their head.

"Aw fuck!" I said and rubbed the back of my neck with both my hands.

"Soda what happened?" Darry asked.

"Glory I messed up, I messed up real bad" I said, running a hand through my hair.

Just then the phone rung. Darry looked to it and then picked it up, putting to to my ear.

"Hello?" He said "oh Elliot, yeah okay. Alright thanks for letting me know. Bye" he said and hung up the phone and looked up at me.

"Well?"

"She's at Bucks. Be careful, you know how Dallas is and I don't wanna have to get down there and save ya" he said and nodded.

"Thanks Darry, I'll be back soon" I said and opened the door, taking off down the road again.

I ran til I got to Bucks place and stood outside a few minutes debating on what to do, Dallas would skin me alive.

I took a deep breath and walked up the steps, knocking on the door.

And of course Dallas opened it.

He pointed at me and closed hi hand into a fist "boy are you lucky. You would be ten feet under the ground if she hadn't told me to leave it alone today".

"Dally, it's not what she thinks I promise" I tried to reason.

"What I know is that she's up there crying right now and not a bone in my body knows how to comfort people" he clenched his jaw.

"Dallas I would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. I need to talk to her ...please" I practically begged, I couldn't lose Elliot. Especially not like this.

Dallas raised an eyebrow "did you not just hear me?"

"Dallas I'm serious, it's not what she's thinks it is and I need to tell her. I don't like seeing her hurt either"

He thought about it for a moment "ten minutes"

I nodded quickly and he opened the door more and let me in. He walked me up the stairs and showed me the room she was in and then walked back downstairs.