20.

Elliot's P.O.V

I woke up pretty early actually, I was the first one up. Which was pretty weird for me.

Soda and I didn't work today since it was Sunday.

I slipped out of bed in my long t-shirt and spandex and walked out of my room to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a few eggs, along with a pack of bacon. I tried to be as quiet as possible so I didn't wake anyone up.

I set the oven to preheat and took out a pan and opened the bacon, I then laid out the bacon at the pan. I waited til the oven preheated all the way then I opened the oven and put the pan in, setting the right amount of time that it took to cook.

I took out a frying pan and turned on the stove, setting the pan on the burner for it to get warm.

I picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and washed it off while waiting and took a bite of it.

Once I swallowed it I felt two arms wrap around my waist and looked up to see SodaPop. He leaned down and kissed me lightly.

"Cooking?" He asked In a groggily morning voice.

"Yeah, I figured since I woke up first I should be the one to cook" I said and broke out of his grip to start cooking the eggs.

I wasn't sure how everyone liked their eggs so I just decided to scramble them all.

I cracked the eggs and cooked them how you would normally cook scrambled eggs.

I took a few bites of my apple while cooking the eggs. Once I was done I grabbed three plates and divided them all into those plates.

After the bacon was done, I pulled the pan out and laid all the pieces on a plate with a couple paper towels under them.

Ponyboy and Darry both woke up, and the three ate as usual and they all complemented me on my cooking. Which wasn't hard it was only eggs and bacon.

I just finished my apple and threw away the core, not too long after we all ate, Steve, Two-Bit, and Johnny came in.

Steve grabbed the chocolate cake like normal.

Not too long after the boy got there, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll grab it" I said as I went to get up but Soda insisted on getting up and checking who it was with me.

"You're so weird" I laughed as I opened the door. My face when from a smile to just blank.

I stood there for a minute like and idiot and then slammed the door in the persons face.

Everyone looked up at us.

"Who was it?" Johnny asked.

"Someone get me a baseball bat please" I hissed, not at the guys but at the fact that I was so pissed off I couldn't handle it.

There was another knock.

"Cherry I don't think you sh-" Soda began but I cut him off by walked away to grab a baseball bat.

Once I got one I walked back to the door with it in hand, I opened the door "what the fuck do you want" I hissed, walking towards the person, trying to get them out of the yard.

"Elliot, calm down" the woman said, not backing up that much.

"Calm down!? Don't tell me to calm down mom, and don't you dare say my name like you know me" I said now holding the bat in two hands.

Soda came up behind me, grabbing me by the waist carefully "Cherry calm down, it's okay" he whispered to me.

I closed my eyes at the sound of his voice and calmed myself down a little bit.

"Go away, if I wanted to see you I would've already tried" I said, handing the bat to Soda as  he took his arms off of me.

"Elliot listen -"

"No, you listen to me. You can't dump me off here with Dallas and just show up two months later, deciding you wanna see me. Stay out of my life, it's clear I don't want you in it anymore"

"I came to take you back to New York with me"

"You-" I stopped and I pursued my lips "after two months? Good bye mom" I said and turned to walk back into the house.

She walked up after me though "Elliot, Dallas isn't fit to take care of you and I realize that now".

"The only ones that weren't fit to take care of me were you and Dad" I said and walked back in with Soda behind me.

"I have really bad anger issues" I shook my head as I made my way down the hallway and into my room.

How did she even afford to get down here. Never mind, I don't know and I don't care.

Soda came in after me and pulled me to him, holding me into him and not letting me go no matter how much I fought.

I eventually just accepted it and leaned into him, wrapping my arms back around him.

"You really would've hit her" he said.

I laughed a bit "I was really thinking about it" I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Do you think she'll come back?"

"I don't know ... I hope she doesn't. I don't know what would suddenly inspire her to come get me. It's not like they ever cared" I said but then realized that Sodas parents died and I was over here complaining.

I looked up at him "Soda I'm sorry, I shouldn't even the one upset I-"

"Cherry it's alright" he smiled sadly "you have the right to be upset"

"I know ..." I pushed away from him "I just don't wanna make you uncomfortable"

He rolled his eyes "Cherry, you've never made me uncomfortable okay. It's alright, you make me anything but uncomfortable"

"Okay ..."

"Let's go back out there"

We walked back out to the living room and Darry had just left for work so that left the rest of the gang except Dally of course.

"You alright Ell?" Steve asked

"I'm fine, just a little worked up" I breathed out a heavy breath.

I walked over to the couch and sat down, Soda sitting next to me. I leaned into him and his arm laid lazily on my side.

"So ... are y'all together now?" Ponyboy asked.

Soda smiled lightly "did we forget to tell y'all? I asked Elliot to be my girlfriend last night"

"You owe me ten" Steve said, looking up at Two-Bit.

"Did you bet on us?" I scoffed.

"Pretty much, Two-Bit said it would be a few more months and I thought it would be real soon" Steve explained.

"If he had waited a few more months I would've took matters into my own hands" I joked.

"That would've been interesting" Ponyboy joked back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! I wanna know what you guys think of the story so far and if there is anything I should change or if you have any ideas for the characters! Feel free to dm me on my SodaPop account on instagram @sodasdx on insta.

~ The Author