22.

Elliot's P.O.V

• Christmas •

School was now out and it had been a couple weeks since Soda and I told Dallas about him and I. I liked the idea of him knowing.

But today was Christmas and I had got my gifts for the guys together. They didn't know I got them gifts, I decided to surprise them.

I had bought wrapping paper the day before and wrapped the ones I could.

Soda, Steve, and I had taken the day off. I had on jeans and a black t-shirt on.

I walked out of my room to see the whole gang there, except Dallas of course who was still in Jail.

"Hey guys" i said casually and stood above the couch.

"Hey Ell, we were just about to play a game of Football. Wanna join?" Two-But asked, despite them knowing I was a girl. I'm glad they asked, I'm actually pretty good at Football.

"I'd love to, but before that ... I uh, hold that thought" I said and walked back to my room.

I gathered the five gifts as best I could and carried them out to the living room where everyone was and laid them down on the couch.

"Awe Elliot you didn't -" Soda began but I cut him off.

"Hey, no need to make this long and sappy okay. I never really celebrated Christmas but I thought I would get you all a little somethin okay" I said and walked around the couch, picking up the gifts and handing them out.

I gave Darry his first, they were a new pair of work gloves and the good kind too "I knew your old ones were pretty worn out" I shrugged.

He smiled softly and I think that was one of the first times I had seen him smile "thanks Elliot".

I handed Two-Bit his next, he opened it to a new Mickey Mouse shirt.

He grinned " how did you know?" He joked "thanks Ell".

I gave Steve his next which couldn't really be wrapped but was one of those tool boxes you could carry around. He had been talking about getting one for a while now. "Awe thanks Ell, this'll make work a hell lot easier" he chuckled.

I handed Pony his next and he opened his to two movie tickets to any movie he wanted.

"Listen Ponyboy, I got you two so you could take someone. I don't need you walking by your lonesome okay?" I said.

He grinned "Yeah, yeah thanks Elliot"

I then turned to Johnny, his was the most expensive but it was worth it. I handed him his and he carefully opened it and found a new brown leather jacket.

"You'd been wearing that jean one long enough" I nodded to him "you outta need a new one".

He smiled softly "Ell I couldn't take th-" he began but I cut him off.

"You can and you will"

"Thank you Elliot" he nodded and began to take his jean jacket off and put on the new one.

I turned to Soda "I could t wrap yours" I laughed a bit "but I was talkin to Ponyboy..."

"Oh lord" Soda joked.