41.

Elliot's P.O.V

I woke up around 6 and stayed awake. It was dark in Johnnys room until about 7 when sunlight poured through the curtains. It was now around 1 pm.

I sat up from laying down for a few hours. I bent down and looked to Johnny to see his eyes open.

"Johnny?" I ask softly.

"Hey Elliot" he tried to grin.

I smiled, relieved "how ya feelin Johnnycake?".

"I can't feel below my back ..." he murmured. I could tell he couldn't talk very well "are Ponyboy and Dally okay?".

"Yeah, Ponyboy went home with SodaPop and Darry last night. Dallas is a couple rooms away from you, his arm is pretty bad but he's taking it well." I answered.

Johnny didn't respond for a few minutes before he finally said "you didn't get much sleep."

"How do you know?"

"I woke up earlier and saw you awake, were you crying?."

I shook my head "no, it was nothing I'm fine" I didn't need to worry Johnny right now.

"You don't have to talk about it, but it's not fine." He murmured.

I shrugged "I'm just worried that's all, but All that matters is that you're resting." I said softly.

Johnny liked that idea cause he closed his eyes back. I got up from where I was sitting and carefully opened the door, closing it behind me as I walked out.

As I got out Ponyboy and Two-But walked up.

"How's the kid?" Two-Bit asked.

I shook my head slightly "not too good" I looked down and kicked at the ground a bit before looking back up to Pony. "You're lookin a little better" I commented.

He smiled slightly "finally got some sleep."

"That's good, Soda and Darry okay?"

"Yeah, they headed to work this morning".

"Alright, well I'm gonna go see Dally I haven't seen him today. Johnnys suppose to be resting so don't be too loud okay" I urged as I waved to them and walked over to Dallas's room.

I walked on in, they couldn't tell me no anyways I am his actual family. He was laying awake. He looked over to me drowsily and I could tell he didn't sleep.

"You're still here?"

"Yeah, I stayed the night in Johnnys room. Ponyboy and Two-Bit are over there now." I said, sitting down on a chair next to him.

"They comin over here after?" Dallas asked.

"Yeah" I nodded, even though I wasn't sure. We were silent for a few minutes, not sure what to say but I decided to break the silence. "Hey, do you remember that time I was in the hospital after ..." I trailed off  "and you stole that guitar from that guy off the street and gave it to me" I laughed.

"I did do that, didn't I" he grinned "that guy ran after me for like 5 blocks before giving up" he snickered.

I smiled and looked down "I stayed up all the time and played on that thing, teaching myself the chords. I still have it too".

"I remember hearing you playin it late at night" he responded.

"Guess I thought you were asleep" I chuckled.

He was smiling by now. Loved how he was all rough and tuff but him and I had a different bond. A brother, sister bond and he knew he didn't have to act cold around me.