17.

Elliot's P.O.V

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, with my button up and jeans on. I ran my hand over my neck and groaned.

I really didn't want the gang to see what was all over my neck. Especially Dallas.

And before you get the wrong idea, nothing else happened.

It was already time to leave so I would have to go out there and just hope that didn't see.

I opened the door and walked out, I made sure my hand was pressed over my neck. Soda was already out there waiting for me.

"Ready SodaPop?" I asked and made my way over to the door.

"Yeah" he answered, getting up and walking over to me.

We walked out the house and he looked over to me "why are you holdin your neck?" He asked.

We walked out the gate and began the walk to the DX. I looked to him and took down my hand "I'm holdin my neck because of you" I laughed.

"Well shit I didn't know that I... I didn't know I did that much" he laughed.

"Soda, how am I gonna hide all these?" I asked.

"We'll think of something don't worry, I'm sure you can use some type of makeup. Maybe you could give Evie a call" he suggested.

"That's a good idea" I said as we made it up to the DX.

Soda unlocked the door and held it open for me. He walked to the garage door and opened it walking into the garage.

I walked behind the counter and prepared everything for the day.

                                       ~*~

An hours before closing time Mason decided to pay me a visit, without knowing it.

I heard the bell on the ring and looked up to see him "oh Mason, hey" I smiled.

"Hey Ella, I didn't know you worked here" he said, walking to the front of the counter.

"Yeah" I chuckled.

He looked down at my neck and then I realized that I forgot all about that.

"You got a little somethin — here" he said and pointed to his neck.

My face turned red and hot "shit I forgot about those I'm sorry" I said and rubbed my neck lightly.

He laughed "it's fine, I'm guessing you met someone then? Who is it?"

I looked to the garage doors and he put it together.

"Oh that guy out there workin in cars, hopefully he treats you well" he raised an eyebrow.

I nodded and then shrugged "were not exactly dating ... I don't know what we're doing. I just know that we hang out when we can and we uh ..."

"I got it" he laughed a bit "Hey when do you get off?"

"Uhhh about an hour" I answered as I looked at the clock.

"You're not bust tonight are you?" He asked.

I shook my head lightly.

"Wanna go out some where? We can catch up and all" he offered.

I nodded "I'd love to Mason"

After an hour of working and Mason waiting it was finally closing time. I cleaned up the counter and Soda came in.

I walked out from behind the counter.

Mason turned to Soda and stuck out a hand for him to shake "I'm Mason"

Soda shook his hand "SodaPop Curtis" he introduced himself.

"Hey Soda, I'm gonna hang out with Mason a bit tonight. I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you a ride home" I offered.

Soda shook his head "no, no it's fine I'll walk"

"Soda ... I don't want you to walk home alone especially not at this time"

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist "I'll be fine, you go have fun okay"

"Alright ...." I said and leaned In kissing him softly "I'll see you at home"

He smiled and nodded. We walked out the DX and Soda locked it.  I waved to him and walked over to Mason's car with him.

I got into the passenger side as he got into the drivers side and started up the car, pulling out of the DX.

"So, where do you wanna go?" Mason asked.

"There's a Diner up the road that's pretty good, we could go there" I suggested.

"Alright, tell me the way"

I pointed him in the direction to the Diner and he finally pulled into the parking lot.

We got out of the car and walked in, being seated pretty quickly.

We ordered drinks and Mason looked to me "so what's been going on?"

"Well ... I'm not exactly living with Dallas, he lives with someone else. I'm living with SodaPop and his two brothers Darry and Ponyboy but I see Dallas everyday"

"Do you like living with them?"

"Yeah ... I love it actually" I smiled to myself "they're nice people, they can be a little rough around the edges but..."

"I get it" he smiled "I'm glad you're happy"

"Thank you" I fiddled with the hem of my shirt "what about you? How has New York been treatin you lately?" I asked.

He shrugged "its New York, there's still gangs and a lot of fighting and stealing. Hasn't changed" he chuckled a bit.

"You know Ella, the real reason I came to Oklahoma was to ask you to come back to New York with me but ... I can see your happy here"

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. Dallas needs me, I need Dallas. Of course Dallas has the gang and everything but we're family, blood so it's a little different" I said and looked back up as our drinks came.

We ordered our food and then began to talk again.

"And SodaPop ... Mason you remember" I stopped and sighed "SodaPop is what I need right now"

Mason nodded "do you love him?"

I hesitated "I don't know Mason ... I don't know yet"