24.

Elliot's P.O.V

January 26th

I stood outside the jail house with Sodas jacket wrapped around me. Dallas was getting out today, he was suppose to be in for about another month but he was getting out on good behavior.

Soda was at the DX working, Darry was working, and the others were at school. I took the day off to wait for Dal.

He came out in the clothes he wore the day he got taken in. When he got up to me, I offered him a cigarette and he took one as I did. I lit his and then mine, putting the pack and lighter away.

"How've ya been kid?" He asked, taking a hit of the cigarette as we started walking "do I have to kill SodaPop yet?"

I chuckled "no, no and I've been good" I nodded "how'd jail treat ya?" I joked with him.

"Ha ha ... it's jail what do you expect?" He shrugged.

I took a hit of the cigarette "I don't know, I've never been to jail"

"And you should keep it that way, don't get caught" he grinned, raising an eyebrow.

"Says you" I laughed.

"Hey, I only get caught half the time" he joked "aren't you suppose to be in school Ella?".

"Aren't you suppose to be in jail Dallas?"

He took a long hit from the cigarette "Hey don't get smart"

I grinned "you already knew I'm a smart ass".

He looked over to me "I wouldn't expect any less from you".

We made it up to Bucks house finally.

"I'm gonna stay here for a while until school gets out, I don't work today" I said as Dally and I walked inside.

"Hey Buck" I said when we walked in, he was sitting on the couch with the TV turned on.

"Hey kid" he said back, not really paying attention to either of us.

Dallas walked up stairs to his room and changed into some new ones then walked back down.

"Actually I'm gonna go see Soda down at the DX, don't wait around" I said and got to the door.

"You got a blade?" Dal asked.

"Yeah I got one" I said and opened the door, walking out and closing it behind me.

I took my time walking down to the DX, he was still working for a few hours so I had the time.

Once I got up there he was on a creeper, working under the car. He reached down to grab a tool. Once I realized what he needed I saw it was no where near him. I walked over and picked up the tool, handing it to him.

He took it and did whatever he needed and then rolled out from under the car and looked to me "oh Elliot, hey" he said and set the tool down, picking up a cloth and wiping his hands off.

"Hey Cola" I smiled lightly.

"Dally doin fine?" He asked and rolled back under the car.

I nodded, even though he couldn't see "Yeah, he's doin just fine. We walked back to Bucks and he stayed there" something seemed off about Soda.

"You okay Cola?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Cherry" he answered in a hesitant voice.

"Soda ... you can talk to me"

"I know, but I'm fine really. Don't worry about me okay"