last first kiss,, richie tozier

I have to redo the ending because I got lazy but I'm so proud of this !!

unedited
words,, 1399
warnings,, swearing, mentioning of sick

once every year the circus would come to derry, and by that I mean some tacky thing with a Ferris wheel designed to get money from parents. although the circus was extremely tacky, it was the full package, from dancers, to magicians, animals and even clowns.

for most kids this was their favourite part of the holidays, they were allowed to roam free, spend money and hang out with their friends; even if they could do most of that anyways. but for y/n, it was dreadful. despite her burning hatred for the event she always ended up going, every. single. year. her best friend, Beverly marsh, always dragged her along claiming that 'she'd regret it if she didn't go' even though they both knew that she wouldn't.

it quickly became a routine for the two, the posters for the circus would be plastered up on lampposts and notice boards, building up the excitement of the majority of the younger kids in the area. then beverly would spend an entire sleepover convincing y/n that 'it wouldn't hurt her to go' and that 'she would be missing out' if she didn't. eventually y/n would give in meaning another year dealing with her irrational fear of clowns. and seeing people she knows outside of school.

unfortunately for the girl, this year was no different. she didn't even bother debating with bev, deciding it would be easier for her if she just went along with it. which is why she was currently on her way to meet her red haired friend.

y/n hopped off her bike, quickly going up the stairs to Beverly's apartment.
she lightly knocked on the door before trying again with slightly more force, she didn't want to wake up the girls father because he was and is a creep. Beverly opened the door flashing her friend a bright smile, 'hey' she whispered stepping outside before she quietly closed the door. 'hello my friend' y/n replied, already starting to walk down the steps 'how much money do you have?' Beverly gave her a confused look as she opened her purse to count the coins, 'about $15.79'. y/n nodded to her 'okay we can get milkshakes' she smiled, causing bev to laugh 'love that for us'.

as the pair grew closer to the site they could just make out a few of the attractions, the flashing lights could be seen from miles as the music filled the empty streets with sound. 'I would hate to live near here' Beverly stated as y/n eagerly nodded, her mouth full of the donut she had bought on the way, 'tell me about it' she added, her voice muffled by the donut. Beverly let out a small laugh shaking her head at her friend, this quickly came to an end as she noticed Henry bowers walking towards the circus. 'For fuck sake' she groaned causing y/n to shoot her a look of confusion, 'what?' she questioned coming her eyebrow. Beverly only pointed towards the boy, placing her head in her palm 'again.' y/n groaned loudly, glaring at the back of his head 'I hope he falls off the Ferris wheel and dies' bev erupted into a fit of giggled quickly placing her hand over her mouth, 'oops.'

'I did it!' Beverly shouted in delight, waving her fists in the air as she excitedly jumped around. 'can I have the pink one please?' she said to the man working at the stand, he nodded before passing her the bear, a faint smile plastered on his face. y/n rolled her eyes at him, obviously noting how fake he was being. 'bev, come onnn' y/n groaned, Beverly only put her hand up in dismissal meaning she wanted at least 5 more minutes.

after about 10 minutes of failed attempts, y/n finally got Beverly to go somewhere else. the two were heading to the ferris wheel where, unknown to them, the losers club were currently waiting in line. 'I kinda dislike ferris wheels' Beverly stated, taking a bite of y/n cupcake 'bev you don't like breathing' the girls laughed as Beverly nodded at the comment. 'neither do yo-' 'heY GUYS' Eddie shouted running up to the pair, a bright smile on his face. Y/n had only met the boy a few times, but he was nothing but nice to her. her old friends used to make fun of him, so she left them. 'Hey eds' y/n smiled at him 'I didn't know you where coming here' her smile dropped as the rest of the group arrived. 'Oh yeh, they dragged me along' y/n only nodded, 'well we were just leaving, Beverly doesn't really like Ferris wheels anyway' she smiled awkwardly before grabbing her friends arm and trying to pull her away, but Beverly stayed put. 'I don't hate them, I'm fine to go in them' the red haired girl piped up, y/n gave him the 'why the fuck did you just-' look before smiling again. 'Right, sorry'

richie glared at the girl, who he was currently stood next to, the group was nearing closer and closer to the front of the line and she just wouldn't stop talking. but that's not what bothered him, it was what she was talking about. y/n was stood, hands in her pockets, smile on her face, gabbing away to Eddie about some guy in her chem class. it made him feel physically sick.

'Next!' the worker shouted, indicating that the group could get on. Beverly got in first followed by bill, then Eddie and then stan. before the other two could get on the worker closed the door, y/n shot him a confused glare 'ummm, what?' richie questioned as the worker shrugged at them. 'No more than 4 people can go in one cart, sorry kids'. Y/n sighed before smiling lightly, 'it's okay, we'll get on the next one' richie only nodded looking down at the floor.

before you could count to ten the next cart had come down for the remaining two kids. Y/n got in first, sitting on the right of the cart, richie on the left. The tension levels through the roof as the pair tried to avoid all contact. y/n stared at the freckled boy before slightly leaning her head over the edge as the cart was lifted into the air; watching as the booths got smaller and smaller, lights got dimmer and the songs became muffled. 'Who knew Derry could be so pretty?' Y/n smiled looking around in awee, jumping slightly as the cart lightly shook. 'Be careful' richie stated looking up at her. Y/n stifled a laugh before turning to him, 'oh come on tozier, we both know you wouldn't care if I fell out of the cart and snapped my neck' y/n laughed fighting back the frown. 'Why do you hate me so much, richie?' She sighed 'what did I do?' richie shook his head letting out a small laugh 'You're so oblivious, god.' he grinned 'I don't hate you. how could I hate you? You're y/n l/n!'. 'Then what's your big issue with me? Why do you always glare at me? avoid me?' she asked, staring into his chocolate brown eyes. 'because I like you.' richie mumbled 'I like a you a lot, and I know you don't feel the same way. you're always going on about guys in your classes. I can't stand being near you because I can't stand hearing ablution happy you are with other people.' Y/n looked away, a smile spreading widely on her face. 'you're retarded you know that right?' she laughed 'you're the guy I'm always talking about. you're the guy I gossip to Eddie about, the guy who I have a massive crush on. the guy I-' he cut her off by putting his lips to hers. A memorable moment. the first kiss they had dreamt of, it was happening.

the couple got off the ride, hand in hand, smiles on their faces. they walked towards the group, earning confused stares from the majority of the members. 'What is this?' Beverly asked staring at their hands, Eddie grabbed her arm lightly smiling at his friends 'young love, bev' he grinned 'young love.'