Chapter 1

Samantha's P.O.V

"Say bye to Luke and we can get going." Jack takes my duffel bag full of my stuff and I nod. Luke wraps his arms around me and just hugs me.

"I'll be here the minute you get out. You need this, I can't find you the way I did the other day." He kisses my forehead and looks at me.

"I love you." I nod and I turn to Jack. We walk out to his car and I get in the back seat because Sam is in the passenger. I keep my head down and I remain quiet. It's a decent ride to the center, but it goes by quickly. When we get there I step out and I take my bag. I walk in not even wanting to say goodbye to Jack and Sam. I see the nurse and she brings me to my room. I see a girl reading a book on the opposite side of the room from my bed and I place my bag down.

I pull out Atticus and Chuck and I place them on the bed with my pillow and comforter. I fix up my bed and I see a set of drawers. I open them up, placing my clothing in them. I put all my books on the desk with my journal. The journal that has everything I've felt since my sixteenth birthday. The journal that holds the reasons I'm here.

I sit on my bed and I look at the tag on Chuck that has a picture of me and Luke on it. It's this little plastic keychain that I attached to Chuck somehow. If he didn't find me, I would've been where I wanted to be.

"Girls, meeting time." We both stand up and I take the keychain around Chuck with me. I hold it in my palm and I follow the girl to a big room with a bunch of chairs in a circle. She takes a seat and I take a seat, pulling my legs to my chest like I always do.

"Girls, we have a new girl joining us today. This is Samantha." They all stare at me and I look down at the picture. He's the only reason I'm getting help.

"Samantha why don't you say something?" I haven't spoken in a week and I won't speak till I feel comfortable.

"If you don't want to speak you can just shake your head." I look at the nurse/ therapist lady and I shake my head. She nods and looks at me again.

"How about we all speak about how we feel."

"I wanna know why little miss perfect is here?" One girl says and looks at me.

"Summer, that's rude."

"No she's right. Why is she here? She has the boyfriend so many girls want, and she has a perfect life." I look down at my keychain and a tear falls right onto the plastic covered picture and it slowly rolls onto my cold skin.

"Summer and Gigi, that's enough."

"I'm sure all of us feel this way. We came here because we aren't doing so great, but her? Shes a millionaire and is fine."

"Everyone leave who doesn't care that Sammy is here." I stand up and I walk back to my room. I go under the maroon comforter that I had sitting in my closet for some reason. I didn't want to bring my favorite comforter so I brought this one. I just want to call Shawn or Austin or Kian and talk to them right now, but I can't. No electronics and no internet for patients.

"Sammy, you have to go get weighed and have a meeting with the doctor." I get out of the bed and I pull my hood up. I follow the nurse to where they weighs me and she writes down the number and brings me to a room with a doctor.

"Hello Samantha, if you would take a seat." I take and seat and my knees come to my chest yet again.

"You are here because your family and the people who care about you had noticed your lack of food consumption and mostly because you tried to commit suicide." I keep my head down and I close my eyes.

"I'm not going to ask you about that stuff just yet. I just want to know about you."

"You have to cooperate for this to work sweetheart." I look up and I sigh.