55.

Carly's POV

I awoke to the sound of the door being unlocked. I must've cried myself to sleep. I slowly rose from the position I was laying in on the floor and my body ached. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the door. Who could be here?

My eyes went wide when I saw Nikki appear. "N-Nikki?" I choked out, my voice was hoarse. It sounds like I haven't had anything to drink in months. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Am I hallucinating? I was frozen, I thought he was dead. "Hey, Carly." He replied, weakly. "Are you real?" My voice broke as tears ran down my face again. "Are you just my imagination?" I cried. Nikki walked over to me and sat down, he pulled me into him and I took in his familiar scent, I cried into his chest. "I-I thought you were dead!" I cried, wrapping my arms tightly around him. He rubbed my back. "I was dead, I was dead for a couple minutes," he replied. "They gave me two shots of adrenaline and it jumpstarted my heart." He explained. I tightened my grip on him. "Oh my god, please never leave me again," I cried. He pulled me into his lap.

"I'm not going anywhere ever again, Carly Beth." He said, rubbing my back. He kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry for giving you a scare like that." He said. "I don't care if I was scared, all I care about is that you're here now." I said, looking at him. I placed my hands on both sides of his face. "God, I thought you were gone for good, my whole world seemed to fall apart around me, I didn't know what I was going to do without you." I said, sniffling. I smiled when I looked into his eyes. "I thought I would never see these eyes again." I said. He leaned in and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around him tightly again.

I broke the kiss. "I mean it, Nikki," I said looking at him. "I never want you to leave again." I said, brushing the hair out of his face. "I'm not leaving ever again, Carly Beth." He said, smiling. "What happened? Were you alone?" I asked. "I got someone else to shoot me up," he replied. "I was with friends, they called an ambulance and I was announced dead as soon as they got there." He explained. "I got a ride home from some crying fans who made me promise to never do drugs again." He said. I looked at his body. "That would explain the really small jacket you're wearing." I said, laughing a little. He chuckled. "Yeah, I got cold and one of the girls gave me it," he said. "Take it off, it doesn't fit you at all!" I said, laughing a little more while tugging at the small jacket. He helped take it off and he was completely shirtless again.

"I never want to leave your arms ever again," he mumbled, pulling me into him. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "That can be arranged," I said, smiling. "I really missed this Nikki," I said. He turned his head and looked at me. "What do you mean?" He asked. "The one who actually seems to like me," I said, laughing a little. "I love you, what are you talking about?" He laughed. "You've been a zombie for months," I replied. He nodded. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, babe," he said. "I know you have a problem, love. I want to help, but you have to let me help." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Let's go to bed, hm?" He asked. I smiled. "Yeah," I said and stood up. He stood up and intertwined his fingers with mine and we walked to our room. I walked over to the drawers and got changed into my pajamas. I turned around and Nikki looked kinda uncomfortable. "Something the matter, babe?" I asked. He shook his head. "Could you get me some water?" He asked, smiling at me. I nodded and walked out and went into the kitchen. I got a glass from the cabinet and got some water. I started to walk back to the bedroom.

I walked up to the door. I furrowed my eyebrows when the bedroom door was shut. I tried opening the door but, it was locked. "Nikki?" I asked. I knocked a little. "The door's locked, can you open it? I got your water." I said. "H-Hold on, babe." I heard him say from the other side of the door. I know what he's doing. This has happened before. I put the glass down on a near by table.

"Nikki, no, open the door!" I called out. "Don't is that again!" I said, trying to open the door again. "Carly, it'll just be a minute!" Nikki called out. I felt more tears run down my face. "No! I don't want you to die again!" I cried, I banged on the door. "Open it, now!"

Nikki and I went back and forth for a while and then all of a sudden, he stopped replying. "Nikki?" I asked, quietly. My eyes went wide. Did he overdose again? "Nikki!" I said, banging on the door. No, no, no.. "Nikki, please open the door!" I yelled.

I pressed my back against the door and slid down it, bringing my knees to my chest. I kept wiping my tears but, more kept steadily flowing down my cheeks. I turned my body and pressed my head up against the door, so I could hear anything. Maybe he just went to sleep? I'm not that fucking naive. I know something happened and I can't do anything about it.

(a/n: thank you so much for reading, i hope you enjoyed! please vote, it's greatly appreciated! feedback is always welcome, okay bye👻)