8

I woke up blinded by the sun. Well, last time I forget to close my curtains before going to bed. I dragged myself out of bed and went down to the living room to watch some tv. I don't know if you noticed but I don't really do mornings. I lay there for about an hour until the rest of my family started coming down, beginning with my mom and ending with Eric.

"Hey Mermaid how are you?" My dad asked as he noticed me on the way to the kitchen. "I'm good. Tired, but good." I replied adverting my attention from the tv. "We're not doing anything today are we Dad?" Eric asked as he walked down the stairs. "No we'll just let you kids rest today so you're ready for school tomorrow." Dad said.

We nodded and Eric came to join me on the couch. And by that I mean he came and sat on me. "Eric get off!! You weigh like a million pounds!!" I cried as I attempted to push my brother onto the floor. "No Princess, that's 200 pounds of pure muscle." He grinned, flexing for me. He had a point, but he needed to get his butt off of me. "Good for you!! Now get off." I said with fake enthusiasm. He laughed and rolled off the couch where he landed with a thud. "Fatty." I mumbled before turning my attention back to the tv. "You're one to talk." He said grabbing me and putting me in his lap.

We sat there for a while watching tv together and I remembered what we were like when we were kids. Eric would always be the big brother by playing with me and protecting me, even at 5 years old.

In my room I have a picture of us when we were little. I was dressed up in my little princess costume and he was bowing down to me with his little rubber sword, pretending to be my knight as I cast a spell on him with my magic wand. Mom says that when he saw me he cried out happily about how beautiful I looked and insisted he protect the beautiful princess. Needless to say I love that picture.

Eric has always been the best brother I could ask for. Sure we fight, but he knows I love him and I know he loves me. Like right now. How many guys do you know would grab their little sister (who's only a year younger) and cuddle with her on the couch? Not many I'm guessing. We lay on the couch watching tv for a bit until my mother called us in for breakfast.

"So what did you kids have planned for today?" My mother asked as she set pancakes in front of us. "Absolutely nothing." We answered in unison. My mother chuckled and began talking again. "Okay that's f-" "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I screamed as I ran to the radio and cranked up the volume. "What the hell, Ari?" Eric asked as he rubbed his ears. "It's Amnesia!" I answered as I listened to the beautiful sound of an acoustic guitar.

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted

And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?

When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

I sang along to the words of the beautiful song by 5 Seconds of Summer and then broke into the chorus.

'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the make-up running down your face

And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made