19

Ariel POV

I can not believe that Carson had the nerve to yell at me!!

I was really mad and I just needed to let off some steam. I walked down the stairs to see Eric sitting on the couch. Not really doing anything, just sitting. "Hey Er. If Mom or Dad come home before I do tell them I went for a walk and not to call. I probably won't answer." I said as I slipped on my converse. "Are you o-" "I'm fine. I just need some air." I interrupted before opening the door and shutting it behind me.

I walked down the street to the park. I just needed time to myself. And I had just the place in mind.

When we were younger, Eric and I found this place while we were playing. It was totally hidden and we hadn't told anyone about it, not even Carson. It's where I go to think and be alone. I hadn't really gone there much until Carson started dating Monique. I shuddered at the thought.

It hadn't occurred to me that I wasn't really wearing anything "socially acceptable" since I had changed when we got home from my jeans, pink t shirt and white cardigan to a grey hoodie and leggings. At that point I couldn't care less though.

When I finally got to the park I went over to the entrance of our little hideout. It wasn't much. It was honestly a creek that ran through the park and then under the road. If you walk through the tunnel and push away the tree branch blocking it, you enter a paradise.

A beautiful river, trees, little squirrels running around everywhere. I went and sat in my favourite spot under the giant tree, looking out into the scenery.

I sat there thinking about how everything I had gone through up until today and how angry Carson was. It wasn't until my phone rang that I had noticed how long I had been out there. I took it from my pocket and saw that Carson was calling. I ignored the call and got to my feet, brushing the dirt off of my butt and legs.

I began walking through the tunnel and I put my headphones on and pressed shuffle music on my phone.

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

Well, there's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use

The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake

And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend

For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn

We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up, still looking up.

Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)

God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)

We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)

God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

I smiled. It was one of those moments when it's like your phone knew how you were feeling. Like Jason Mraz said, I wasn't giving up on Carson. I would be too much of a drama queen and an idiot to do that. I just needed a day or two. We definitely will be talking about this.

I walked through the door and went up to my room. I hadn't been up there for 5 minutes when someone knocked on the front door. I heard Eric go down and answer it but I couldn't hear who it was. When I heard two pairs of footsteps coming up the stairs I knew Carson was here. My theory was confirmed when someone knocked on the door.

"Go away guys!" I yelled. My door creaked open and I saw Clarissa standing there with tissues, movies and Ben & Jerry's. "Eric called and said to come over with "girl comforting stuff" so I figured that something happened with Carson." She said softly.

I went over to her and took the stuff and put it in my bed before hugging her. "I have so much to tell you!" I mumbled.

-------------------------------------

Thank you to LivsterLiv for providing me an list of like 30 songs for Ariel to listen to!