37

"No no no no no no! Princess please don't say that, you have to give it a chance-give us a chance. Please don't gi-" I burst out laughing right there in his little rant. "Oh my god I got you good!!" I laughed. "You actually thought that I would dump you for some random guy I met at my locker this morning?" I asked him. He shook his head no and turned his head away and raised his hands to his face.

"Carson were you crying?!" I asked him, still laughing. "Whaat? Well...ummm..." He started before the guy that was in the picture came over and grabbed his face. "Yep, he was crying." He answered. I giggled. "Aww Car, I'm sorry."

"So I'm assuming you're Ariel since you threatened to break up with him, you have red hair and you're the pretty chick in the pictures by his bed." The guy guessed. "Ya I'm Ariel! And you are?" I asked him.

He put his hand to his heart and looked at Carson. "You never told your girlfriend about me?" He asked in fake (I think) horror. Carson laughed. "Nope! Ari this is my roommate, Michael."

I gave a small wave. "Hi Michael!" He laughed and said hi back. "Okay, well I have homework that I should do so I'll text you later Carson." I said checking the time and my pile of homework that I was already given.

"What about me?" Michael asked me. "Haha sure, Carson can text me your number and then, I'll text you later too." I laughed. Michael smiled in content and I ended that chat with an I love you to Carson.

"Time to hit the books!" I said under my breath.

Well. That "hitting the books" lasted for about 3 minutes before I decided I deserved a break. I picked up my phone and saw a couple texts from Clarissa, who was in my science and English classes asking about our homework. I invited her over for a homework party and I told her about my weird encounter this morning and the trick I played on Carson.

I told her about Michael and as soon as I finished she immediately told me to text him.

Hey Michael it's the pretty red haired chick! I sent.

After a couple of minutes I got a response with a picture.

I knew it! Carson didn't think you would text me Pretty Red Haired Chick!!

The picture was a screenshot that he attached showing me that he had actually saved my name in his phone as Pretty Red Haired Chick. I sent back an lol and locked my phone.

I looked over at Clarissa who was staring at her phone looking like a tomato with a huge smile plastered on her face. "Clarissa? Can I see what he sent you?" I asked, reaching for the phone.

"How did you know that-" "Oh please Rissy, every single one Spencer sends you something super sweet, you look like that. "It's not from Spencer. It's from Finn." She mumbled, handing me her phone.

"Finn? Why is Finn making you blush?" I questioned. Finn was a guy in our grade at school who was one of those friends that you have in school but don't really hang out with outside of school.

Clarissa,

Ever since day one of Grade 9, I knew it would be hard not to fall for you. And when I found out that you were friends with the populars, I knew my chances were slim, but I had hope. Until I found out you were dating some guy named Spencer. Then, all you would talk about is this wonderful guy Spencer that I had never even met and I realized that my chances of being with you were gone. So I don't expect you to just drop what you have with him and come running to me. I just told you, knowing that I would eventually get over you once you knew. So I understand if you find me creepy and totally ignore me now, but just know that I will always be here as a friend.

Love, Finn

I sat there shocked and handed Clarissa back her phone. "So what are you going to do about it?" I asked. "I honestly have no idea...I don't want to hurt him. But I can't just leave Spencer!" She exclaimed. She sighed and I sat, thinking of ways to help my friend.