34

When we got to the park, Taylor said she wanted to go on the swings. I picked her up and sat her in one of those baby swings and began to push her. Travis came next to me and tapped my shoulder. "Keira? Can you please tell me what was bothering you earlier?" He asked me with concern written all over his face.

"Oh don't worry about it, it's nothing it's just...your mom doesn't like me does she?" I said hesitantly before deciding to just spit it out.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, but not looking at me. "Travis! Why didn't you tell me she didn't like me?" I shouted. "Because I like you and I didn't care that she didn't. Plus I knew you would be upset." He explained, trying to calm me down.

"Why doesn't she like me?" I mumbled. "I don't know baby, but I can ask her when I go home?" He offered. I sighed and went into his open arms and we pushed his sister together until she wanted to play on the slide.

We watched her from a bench as she happily ran up to the top, slid down the slide and repeated again and again.

We sat together, his arm around me and my head on his shoulder when I noticed a girl walking along the path that looked like Ariel. I took a closer look and sure enough, it was. I told Travis I would be back and I jogged over to my friend. I really needed a girl friend to talk to about this whole Travis' mom thing.

"Ari!" I called out to her. She stopped and smiled at me. "Hey Keira! You don't know how happy I am to see you." She replied. "Trust me, I know the feeling." I told her with a giggle.

While I told Ariel about the whole situation with Mrs. Daniels, she just walked along, laughing. "Keira! Isn't it obvious? You need to let her get to know you! He's her little boy and unless I'm dumb, I remember you mentioning that you're his first girlfriend. She's probably just afraid that he will get hurt like a dad is to his daughter." She explained. I though about it. It made enough sense.

"Great! Now how do I do that?" I asked. "Ask Travis what kinds of things she likes and then bring the stuff you have in common up in conversations." She told me like it was the simplest thing in the world. "So, what was it that you had to talk to me about?" I asked, remembering the start of our discussion.

"Oh it's nothing, I just needed to get my mind off of Carson and Eric. That's all." She said quietly. I pulled her into a hug and we stood there for a bit together in silence until I felt something hug my leg.

"Go time!" Taylor shrieked with an adorable smile. Ariel smiled at the little girl and hugged Travis hello and goodbye before I said bye to my friend, and began heading back to my boyfriends house making sure his sister was safe so his mother didn't kill me.

****************************

Woohoo chapter 34! That's my number! Haha.

I just want to apologize for slow updates. I'm having trouble writing now that Carson is gone and I'm busy so bear with me please!