THE SHOPPING FIASCO

When Raman took Shagun for shopping, he was getting bored. He was roaming around when a pretty blue saree. It was a simple plain saree with a golden border adorning it. He could imagine his lovely madrasan in that saree looking extremely pretty. He bought it right away. When they were on the billing counter, he was shocked to know that his payment card was not working. Even Shagun had forgotten her purse at home. He had no other option but to call Ishita and ask her to make some online transfer to the shop's account. Ishita was at her clinic trying hard to ward off her worries and unanswered questions in her mind. She received Raman's call and he told her that he was at the mall and bought some sarees. Ishita immediately told him to quit it saying that he has a very gaudy choice. Raman understood she was thinking that he shopped only for her.

Ishita: Raman please... don't shop anything. I know your choice very well. So leave it and come home soon...

Raman: Ishita.... actually... I have come here with Shagun. Sorry, actually....

And the phone was cut from the other end. And the phone on the counter rang. It was Ishita. She said that she had called to clear Raman Bhalla's bill and asked for the online transaction details. Raman was feeling extremely guilty while Ishita was very depressed.

When Raman came home, he knew Ishita would not be in a very good mood. So he decided to surprise her with the gift (saree). When he went inside the room, Ishita sarcastically asked him how was his shopping trip. He gave her the box.

R: This one's for you...

I: Ohhh... (opens it) Is it really for me...

R: Of course...

I: Oh please Raman... I know the story behind it. You must have bought it for Shagun and definitely mustn't have liked it. I know it must be too simple for her fashionista status... So decided to pass it on to me... Like every other thing in her life that she find good...

Raman was shocked to hear the last set of words and looked at her. She held his gaze for a while with hurt inscribed in it.

I: Thanks but no thanks. You better return it and get something suitable for Shagun.

Saying so she left the room leaving Raman a bit hurt but thoughtful about how he is going to deal with it henceforth.