A DREAM COME TRUE

Raman and Ishita took a midnight flight and reached Goa by morning.

-IN THE HOTEL

I: Raman, aap ki meeting kitne baje hain?

R: 11-12 baje hogi shayad.

I: Bohot thakaan ho gayi hain Raman. Kuchh der sote hain chalo.

R: Chalo.

Both slept for some time.

-At around 12

I: (wakes up rubbing her eyes) Raman... Raman... Kahan ho aap?
(now completely awake) Yeh Raman kahan chale gaye? (checks the time) Ohh... 12 baj rahe hain. Unki meeting ke liye gaye honge.

She got up to find a breakfast table set up with her favourite breakfast items. Beside lay a bouquet of red and white roses with a note attached.

Note: Good morning Madrasan! Jaanta hoon messages ka jamana hain, lekin chithhi ka maja aur romance sms mein kahan! Chalo ab jaldi se breakfast kar lo, tumhare liye ek aur note chhodi hain iske saath jisme ek address hain. Wahan par aa jana. Meri meeting hone ke baad main bhi wahin aata hoon. We can have lunch together. Jaldi aana, I'm waiting.
Love you!
Bye!

Ishita was sweetly surprised by that gesture. She quickly got ready, dressed in a simple saree and reached the spot Raman had asked her to.

It was not a hotel or a restaurant; it was a church! As she was going in, a pair of hands pulled her towards himself and tied her a blindfold.

I: Raman...

R: Yes baby, it's me.

I: Hum log yahan kyun aaye hain? Aur ab kya karna hain? Aap ki meeting ho gayi?

R: Ishita, hum log yahan kisi official kaam ke liye nahi aaye the. It was all a setting for something very special and beautiful. Mere saath chalo bass.

He took her to a nearby room. There he began undressing her.

I: Raman... Kya kar rahe ho? Aur kahan hain hum? Kuchh to batao.

R: Ishita, just trust me. There is one more surprise for you. Right now, I am going to change you into something really special. Just do as I say.

I: But, I am blindfolded. How can I do anything? Will you be able to get me dressed properly?

R: Yes, of course, though it would demand a lot of self control...

They both laughed.
Raman got Ishita dressed. She had already done her basic makeup before arriving at the church. Raman just changed her jewellery. All that while, Ishita was blindfolded.

After a few minutes, he took her downstairs in the main church and opened her blindfold.

I: R...R...Raman...

R: Kaisa laga surprise?

Raman was dressed in a black tuxedo, while Ishita was in a white wedding gown. The priest was standing at a distance from them also dressed in suit. The whole church was decorated as if for a wedding.

I: Raman, yeh sab kya hain?

R: A fairy-tale wedding, jaise tumhe chahiye thi.

I: (shocked) Aap ko kaise pata?

R: Kyunki maine tumhari woh diary padhi thi. Your wedding wishes. You wanted a Church wedding with your 'Prince Charming'.

I: Oh my God! This is the exact dress the way I had described in that diary, exactly the same set-up! Oh my God! Oh my God!

She hugged him tight.

R: Achha laga?

I: Yeh bhi koi sawal hain? I loved it Raman. I love you. You are my Prince Charming! Thank you! Thank you so much! I really love you!

R: I love you too! So, one more time, will you marry me?

I: Yes! Yes, of course!

Raman took her hand in his and lead her to the dais. The priest asked them to take the wedding vows.

R: I, Raman Kumar Bhalla, take you, Ishita Iyyer, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life.

I: I, Ishita Iyyer, take you, Raman Kumar Bhalla, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live.

Both were overwhelmed. They exchanged rings.

Priest: I now pronounce you as Man and Wife. You may kiss the bride.

The kiss was soft, soul-searing, passionate and soothing.

I: Raman, you are the best gift life has given me.

R: There is yet another, final surprise baby.

He took out an envelope and gave it to Ishita.

I: (opening it) Tickets to Zurick, Switzerland.

R: Honeymoon. Chalein Mrs. Bhalla?

I: Raman... I love you!

R: Love you too, baby!