Part 31

The next day, Ishita and Raman woke up with bright smiles and happy hearts.

R: Good morning!

I: Morning! Main soch rahi thi aaj se morning walk pe jaati hoon.

R: Very good decision. Tuze jaroorat bhi hain Madrasan. Moti hone lagi hain tu.

I: (her face falls) I know. And aap dekhna, main aapko aisa diet karke dikhaungi na, ki dekhte reh jaoge.

R: (chuckles) But I love you in every way. In fact, the fatter you grow, I would get more of you to love! Accha chalo, main bhi chalta hoon tumhare saath walk pe.

After their morning walk, Raman took Ishita to a restaurant.

R: Aao, let's have breakfast. Kya khaogi tum?

I: Kuch bhi. But let's have something healthy. Not your extra butter wale paranthas.

R: (chuckles) Okay ma'am. So, oatmeal?

I: And coffee!

Raman and Ishita were having casual chat enjoying their time. When waiter arrived with the dishes,

R: (clinking their coffee mugs) Cheers to our breakfast date!

I: Cheers! A first of its kind!

They were indeed doing most of the things they had never tried before.

Raman used to surprise Ishita at her clinic, take her out for dinners, write romantic notes and messages to her, bring white lilies, have midnight coffees and much more. The core of all that he did belonged to the fact that he deeply loved her. It was not a situation that didn't fight at all. They did. But this time, both refused to let go. They had understood the importance of holding on to what your life depends on. Both of them knew how madly they loved each other. Now there was security. There was a sense of stability in their relationship. Raman, to a great extent, was successful in getting back his old Ishita- the one who knew how to smile, laugh, love and make others happy. Raman and Ishita had truly fallen in love all over again.

After a few days,

-In Ishra bedroom

R: Ishita, kal shaam ka kya plan hain?

I: Hmm... Nothing special. Kyun?

R: Nothing. Bas aise hi puchha.

I: Bilkul nahi. What aisehi? Koi toh reason hoga.

R: Haan hain.

I: Toh batao na.

R: Abhi nahi. Surprise!

I: Nahi, please batao na. (with a puppy face) Please, please, please.

R: Ishita, not fair. You know how I melt before this puppy face. But not today please.

I: Please! Achha koi hint toh do.

R: Hmm... Hint nahi. But get ready for the biggest surprise of your life Mrs. Bhalla... oh sorry, my darling girlfriend!

Just then the doorbell rang.

Neelu: Bhabhi, wo Shagun ji aur Dr. Manoj aaye hain.

I: Oh! Aati hoon.

She glanced at Raman who gave her a nervous smile. Both of them were completely unaware of the reason of Shagun and Manoj's sudden visit.

R: Hi, Shagun, Manoj. Aap dono yahan?

S: Haan. I am sorry bina bataye aa gaye.

I: No, that's completely fine. But everything okay?

M: Yaa. Actually, hum kuchh share karne aaye hain.

R: What?

M: That we are getting married.

S: Next week. And we would like you to be our witnesses. If you don't mind, of course. (to Ishita) Ishita, I know that we share a very weird history, an awkward past. But, today, at this moment, I really want to tell you that you are definitely one of the best human beings I have ever met. And I am indebted to you for what you did for Adi-Ruhi. I would really love it if you become a part of my wedding.

I: I know what feelings we had for each other earlier. And I am glad we were always very clear about it. Shagun, zindagi mein jo kuchh bhi hua, it will be much better if we just call it games of destiny and move on. Humare paas humare apne log hain. Humare apne partners hain. Toh mujhe nahi lagta there is any point in holding onto the past and troubling ourselves. I will always respect you for the person that you are. We may not be able to be best of friends. But I am sure we can settle for an amicable relationship.

S: I am sure.

I: Aur sirf main hi kyun. hum sab tum dono ki shaadi ka hissa banenga. Poori Bhalla family dulhan ki taraf se hogi!

S: Thank you so much. Ab hum log chalte hain. Kuchh aur bhi kaam hain.

M: Aur madam ko dher saari shopping bhi karni hain!

Saying so, both of them left. Ishita gave a weak smile to Raman while Raman was just trying to gauge her reaction about her first not-so-bad meeting with Shagun after the unfortunate accident.