CHP. I《LADY OF GOLD AND SILVER》

CHAPTER ONE:
LADY OF GOLD AND SILVER

The sun shined a pale yellow tint over the cloudy blue sky that held a calm feeling. Rosaline looked across the river’s reflection of dark green mixed with turquoise, sitting down as she hugged her legs. It was barely morning and she can smell the eerie scent of the forest so clearly. She threw rocks at the center of the river, thinking about when everyone at the castle will find out that she sought out since dawn broke. Mostly like it will be her maid that finds out first because she is always the first one to nag at her for not taking a bath after Rosaline wakes.

Today wasn’t going to be exciting like all the other days Rosaline has lived here. Her parents sent her here with Duke Rollo and his wife Gisla, for Rosaline to have proper training as a Lady for the near future when she’ll have to find a husband to marry. Rosaline hates the thought of being married to a man that would even love her. Taking all her frustration, she throws the rocks in her hand to the river and watches it sink to the bottom of the river, never to be seen again.

“Lady Rosaline!” A guard shouts from the other side of the river. Rosaline snapped her focus on him and saw that he wasn’t alone, but with the Duke himself. It was her call that she should be leaving her quiet spot since early dawn to be faced with her lady duties. Her red nightgown collected dirt and twigs as she went down the river towards the little boat that she used to get to the other side. It took her a few minutes to go back towards the side where Rollo and the guard were standing.

She gave her deepest curtsey to the Duke and same his appropriate title towards him. He also bowed and referred towards her appropriate title. Rollo dismissed the guard and the guard bowed as he left for his duties.

“It’s dangerous for a young girl such as yourself to be outside early in the morning Rosaline,” Rollo said as both of them walked inside the castle. Rosaline nodded and sighed as she felt the warmth of the castle engulf her.

“I’ve done it many times and not once have I been touched,” Rosaline said.

“You say that with much confidence, but the only reason why you haven’t gotten kidnap is because the guards are looking after you under Gisla and my orders.”

“I can defend myself. You taught me how to fight and I can fight.”

Rollo sighed and shook his head, he knew that he couldn’t fight with Rosaline’s stubbornness. He cared for the girl as if she was his daughter, he’d known her since she was a young girl but now she has become a lady.

“I know you can defend yourself, Lia. But the world is unforgiving towards young ladies and it would be saddening if something bad happened to you. Now go freshen up, Gisla won’t be happy seeing you with twigs trailing behind you.”