CHP. VII《LOVE PROMISE》

CHAPTER SEVEN:
LOVE PROMISE

The sail home was certainly quiet for the people around

The sail home was certainly quiet for the people around. The news of the great Ragnar killed by King Aella in a pit of serpents gave them anger and grief. Nonetheless, Hvitserk didn't want his grievance of his father's death to push away Rosaline because he only had a few moments left with her.

Sitting by herself near the front of the longboat, Rosaline wanted time to slow down. Anxiety and frustration filled her mind, not knowing what choice she'll make as the time to decide comes nearer. The internal battle between emotions and duty were ripping her apart. She was a high nobility, holding responsibilities for her family name but the emotion of love has her addicted to the inevitable.

Hvitserk sat next to the conflict girl with a longing sigh of tiredness. He has been patiently waiting for a response to his proposal, he could wait forever but time is ticking loudly. He brought his hand in top of Rosaline's with care as he rubbed small circles.

Rosaline turned to the handsome face with a look of guilt. Eyes were puffy and red from the constant rubbing to keep the young girl awake for the majority of the time on the way back to Francia. She knew that Hvitserk has been patiently waiting and worrying, she was thankful that he took time to wait for her. She felt selfish for taking a longer amount of time to answer him, she can only provide him her time spent right now.

“What are you looking at?” Hvitserk questioned as Rosaline laid her eyes on him. The lady smiled down at his constant charisma.

“I could never be tired looking at your handsome face.” She rested her hand on his face. The irritation of guilt grew in the pit of her stomach wanting the pain of tears to fall. Rosaline wanted to make the right decision but there isn’t one in this world.

“I want this to last. I want us to last.” Hvitserk kissed her hand gently. Rosaline glanced at Rollo, seeing the joyful smile upon returning to the Frankish peninsula. If she did leave then she would be leaving behind the only family she knew and loved.

“I want that more than anything.” Rosaline finally replied as she spots the navy and silver banners waiting for the return of the nobilities.

She stood up from her seat but Hvitserk gripped her hand. His eyes gave all the emotion that was needed for Rosaline is break inside even more than she was already. “Please don't leave,” Hvitserk pleaded with distress.

Rosaline gulped hard, she pulled her hand away from the physical contact which soon turned cold and lonely. She held her tears inside, not wanting to show that she is at the verge of collapsing. Neither does she wanted to turn around to meet his face one last time.

Once she stood next to Rollo, he gave her a soft kiss on her head. He felt that struggle that Lia fought internally for the love she developed for his nephew. Rollo spotted his eldest son on the Frankish boat and smiled at how much he missed his children. He stepped inside the boat as he hugged and held his son close to him. His vibrant blue green eyes looks back at Lia, the hesitation she felt.

Rosaline looked at the happy celebration between the son and father, she was glad she had known them. Taking a breath, she steps into the Frankish boat.

William reached for the lady, she gladly took him into her arms, embracing him tightly. A few droplets left her eyes, it was a bittersweet moment. She turned to Rollo and he knew that she was gone. Rosaline gave William back to Rollo with a fading smile.

“Go with him.” Rollo said.

Rosaline looked up at the Duke with a confused expression.

“I-”

“It's time for you to find your own adventure. I cannot separate two people that have a connecting bond. Go, you deserve to be happy.” Rollo kissed he one more time on her head.

Rosaline nodded. “Thank you.”

She turned around back at the longboat, Björn stood firmly inside as he watched closely at the unfolding. He knew that Rosaline was an aspect that can never stray away from Hvitserk. Bjrön gave a hand to Rosaline, helping her back into the longboat. She turned around to look at Rollo and William sailing back to the castle happily.

“I knew I could never get rid of you.” Bjrön said as he walked away.

Hvitserk stood a distance away from Rosaline with a relieved expression with tear residue around his eyes. He ran into her arms, giving her a bone crushing embrace. Hvitserk buried his head at the crook of Rosaline's neck, taking in her scent. He was euphoric to have her back again.

“I thought you were actually gone forever.” Hvitserk confessed as he continued to embrace the young lady. She smiled at the masculine and earthy scent that she loved from Hvitserk.

“I want this to last. I want us to last.” Rosaline knew she had left her old life in Francia to make another with Hvitserk in Kattegat. She made the right decision for both of them but she didn't except the change she'll face from the foreign culture she'll embark upon. However, Rosaline has Hvitserk and Hvitserk has Rosaline to conquer all odds and evens.