CHP. IV《GOD AND GODS》

CHAPTER FOUR:
GOD AND GODS

The day was slowly coming to an end, all the ships and people stopped by a quiet forest for a rest. Tents and fires were set up near the water. Rosaline sat inside her tent, looking at her body and feeling her features. She has an obsession with having a tiny waist since she very little due to the use of corsets. The start of her travels, she did not use her corset and it felt weird having her waist not covered with the tight contraption. It did not help that she was thin and could break any moment if she was not careful of her surroundings.

Finally coming to a conclusion, Rosaline came out of the tent to be faced with a blonde woman from the boat she was one. The woman held a gentle smile on her face when she saw the young Frankish lady.

"It's finally nice to meet you, Rosaline. I'm Helga." Helga said. Rosaline dusted off her gown and curtsy towards the woman.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you too, Helga." The young girl said.

"I came to see if you wanted to walk for a while and get to know each other a little more?" Helga questioned as the two women walked together through the camp.

"Well, we are walking already and it'll be delightful." Rosaline chuckled.

The woman talked for the time they had about each other, mostly about the life they lived in before sailing in this raid towards Hispania. Helga is such a kind woman to the girl and was the only woman that she didn't find so stern. She talked about her life with Floki near the beach of Kattegat and the work that she does as a faithful wife. Rosaline talked about her life in Normandy and the things she loved like traveling and gowns.

"Never in my life, have I seen such beautiful gowns," Helga observed the gown that Rosaline wore.

"I take pride in them. Only the finest of craftsmen in Frankia can make such gowns." Rosaline said as she felt her velvet blue gown.

The women then finally arrived back towards the main campground where men sang loudly and drank proudly. Rosaline took her seat next to Rollo, observing the vibrant nature of the Vikings. Helga told the girl about Viking culture and how much their gods mean to them. Rosaline was in fact raised to be as a Christian, it fascinated her that Viking Gods and her God were very similar like the concept of Heaven and Valhalla. Yet, Rollo told her that religion was very scared towards the Vikings and disowning the belief of them would lead towards her grave.

Rollo gave the girl a cup, she took it and smelled the strong scent. "What is this?"

"Ale. It's stronger than the wine we drink back in Frankia." Rollo said as he drank another cup filled with the strongly scented liquid. Rosaline put the cup down on the ground, not wanting to be drunk like the older Vikings were.