CHP. IX《CRIMSON JEALOUSLY》

CHAPTER NINE:
CRIMSON JEALOUSLY

Rosaline woke to the sun peering down through the cracks of the room

Rosaline woke to the sun peering down through the cracks of the room. She looked down to notice that she had slept with the gown from last night. The room was different, filled with a darker masculine feeling, but it felt great to be sleeping on a bed. Recalling the night, she saw the different flavors each of the brothers gave off. Rosaline was raised to only be with one man but she couldn’t resist the temptation of the Ragnarssons.

Rosaline pushed herself off the bed and straightened out her gown from the constant twist and turn from sleep. She stretched out her body, feeling the rush of the sensation from the muscles. Observing the environment around her, she noticed a familiar fur coat which belongs to Hvitserk. Also, noticing that many things inside this room were filled with trinkets that remind of Hvitserk.

Walking out of the room towards the main hall, Björn stood with a blonde haired woman. Björn noticed the girl, he motioned her to come towards him. Rosaline walked towards the pair and Björn gave her a small smile.

“Mother, let me introduce you to Rosaline. Rosaline this is my mother Lagertha, Queen of Kattegat,” The two women bowed to each other. Rosaline was curious as to why this lady would kill the previous queen for this title.

“It’s an honor to be in your presence my queen.” Rosaline implied.

Lagertha observed the full image of the girl, she was impressed that Hvitserk came back with a noble lady. “The honor is mine. Bjrön has told me great things about your background in Francia. It is pleasing to know that there is a noble lady such as yourself in my court.”

“A pleasure indeed,” Rosaline smiled.

“What is a beautiful girl doing here early in the morning?” Bjrön asked.

“I barely woke. Now I'm trying my best to find the Brothers, they have asked me to practice with them.” She replied playing with her clammy fingers. It was embarrassing to ask for help in front of a Queen.

“You fight?” Lagertha questioned with interest.

Rosaline shyly shook her head. “Not necessarily, but I was taught to defend myself.”

Lagertha smiled. “My son will bring you to them and give you a pair of training clothes,” She inspected at the overdressed girl, “Maybe with your skills, you can become a shield woman for battles.”

Rosaline nodded and was taken away by Bjrön. He went into a room and brought out a pale yellow tunic, one pair of black leather trousers, and a pair of black boots. She gladly accepted the clothes and tried them on in another room.