CHP. VI 《THE DEATH》

CHAPTER SIX:
THE DEATH

The touch of the warm waters in the darkest of the night felt foreign on the skin

The touch of the warm waters in the darkest of the night felt foreign on the skin. Rosaline spent her life wasting on trying to find something to fill her curiosity, she always thought that it would be hidden in the heart of Francia but never within a person, not to mention a Viking. The cooling warmth of the Mediterranean Sea soothes her diamond mind about the trauma she endured earlier the night. She ran fast enough from Hvitserk, not wanting to be near his presents with such a disastrous persona. Her body and soul found solitary at the beach and sitting on a rock in the shallow waters.

The hours passed by as she stayed sitting on the uncomfortable rock but it reminded her of home and her usual habit. She thought that Rollo would have sent a party of people to look for her in the forgiven lands in Hispania. Her ocean blue eyes looked up at the starlight filled sky, the light of a million stars shined brightly for her every single night but it was being to become dull. Sighing, Rosaline knew that it will be dawn soon to come and her time spent alone has to end.

Feeling the warm waters again, she thought it was best to move back to the Viking people. The contact with the sensation of the water made the sensitive skin on her feet tickle in coldness. Damp sand sticks rather irritatingly at Rosaline while she walked through the untouched seashore.

Her feet walked at a slow pace, it would take her another few minutes before she got back to the campground where the Vikings rested. Eyes scanned the place from afar, Vikings sang, drank, and laughed proudly at the conquered lands that they laid seized. It fascinated how much ale these Vikings can drink, it seems that it was their water.

Many did not notice the hazelnut hair lady walking amongst the crowd because of how drunk they were into their pride and faith. She was glad that she didn't have to deal with the curious eyes that would glance at her because of her religion and nationality. Rosaline didn't know what she wants to find in this mess of drunks but she wants to rest her aching head.

Deeper she goes the more she loses her clearest sight of the surroundings. Her hand touched the orange walls of the port, little bumps under her touch were smooth. Rosaline's brought her back to the wall as she slips down in exhaustion. Blurred vision of the fire and the dead noise of laughter echoed through in waves. A body came closer and closer to her but sleep wants to take her away from reality. Sleep want to ease her trauma through the blackness of her mind, she resisted control but it lured her.

Hvitserk kneeled down to the sleeping girl, his rough fingers moved the stray strands of hazelnut hair from her delicate face. He saw the serenity that her sleeping face uncovered, he wanted to see her calm and soothed all the time. It hurts him when Rosaline shows the pain in her eyes, the specks of green telling that she wasn't made for this cruel world she was trusted upon.