CHP. V《WARM COLORS》

CHAPTER FIVE:
WARM COLORS

Days and nights passed by as the Vikings sailed through the sea towards Hispania

Days and nights passed by as the Vikings sailed through the sea towards Hispania. The surrounding was misty and cloudy, nothing can be seen through this weather and it frightened the young Frankish girl that they might be lost. Hvitserk said that they weren't lost but in the right way. She wants to believe him but her mind and body weren't so easily calmed. Anxiety ate her piece by piece, killing her softly.

"Don't be scared." Hvitserk scold her once again.

Her fingertips were ice cold and her breath hitched every few minutes due to her panic state. This would be the only reason she would be scared of traveling by boat, not knowing if there was land around and being stranded. Her blue eyes scanned the environment, the fog was not going anywhere anytime soon. She sighed, continuing to focus on the calm Vikings within the boat.

"How can one be calm? When there is no land to be seen?" Rosaline defeating said as she leaned her head onto Hvitserk's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her figure and laid his head against her's.

"Maybe, not thinking about it will help. Tell me about your life in Frankia." Rosaline liked the recommendation that Hvitserk said, but she wasn't comfortable to tell a stranger about her complicated family back in Paris.

"I'll tell you if you tell me yours," Rosaline smirked. Hvitserk chuckled and played around with her soft yet cold pale fingers.

"Such a stubborn girl you are Rose, you wound me," Hvitserk smirked. "Kattegat has been my home since I was born and my family is there. I have four brothers, you've already met one." Hvitserk said as he pointed to Björn.

"You two are related?" Rosaline said with surprise as she looked between the brothers.

"You didn't know?" Hvitserk questioned. "Our father is Ragnar Lodbrok."

Rosaline thought for a moment about the specific name, Ragnar Lodbrok. Her mentor has emphasized this name since she was old enough to read books and understand the world around her. They would say that he was the Viking that had ambitions to take conquest over Paris. She scanned Hvitserk's face, not believing that he would be the son of the man that invade her home. It doesn't phase her about the invasion brought upon in Paris, but she was stupid that she didn't realize that Hvitserk and Björn were the sons of the famous Ragnar Lodbrok.

She hears rumors from the servants around the castle in Normandy that the great Ragnar Lodbrok has abandoned his people into the unknown. She didn't care about the rumors before but now she wished she had snooped around about the Viking. Yet, she does know for a fact the King Ecbert has taken the lands of Ragnar before the Vikings left England.