CHP. II《TWO OCEANS MEET》

CHAPTER TWO:
TWO OCEANS MEET

Rosaline was far from the castle in a small meadow that the forest keeps hidden from outsiders

Rosaline was far from the castle in a small meadow that the forest keeps hidden from outsiders. Melo and she are having their small walk around the territory looking for blossomed wildflowers that grow near the riverbeds. They were perfect condition during this weather, not cold where they'll freeze nor too warm for them to wither. Small animals also graze upon the lush vegetation in the meadow. Little rabbits nibble of the dewy grass without a care in the world what will happen to it after it's meal. Rosaline wished she was a rabbit because they would live in the present and don't dwell upon the past or future.

"Ro, aren't these flowers beautiful? They would make the perfect decoration in your chambers." Melo smiled peachy at the pale yellows. Rosaline too smiled with content as she saw the yellow flowers, reminding her of the sun when it shines after dawn.

"Certainly beautiful, but I much prefer the tiger lilies that grow near the water." Rosaline walked towards the edge of the water, feeling the cold waves hit her warm hands.

"You'll have to go farther down the meadow to find them."

"Then I'll go down the meadow for them."

"It's dangerous. You'll get hurt or kidnap, please don't go. The Duke and Princess would be angry with me if anything were to happen to you, my Lady." Melo explained as she followed Rosaline as she walked towards where the flowers grew.

"I've been there multiple times and none of those time has I gotten hurt or kidnapped. I'm not a silly little girl anymore, I can look after myself." Rosaline ignored Melo and continued her way towards where the tiger lilies grew.

It was never her intention to snap back at Melo for telling her that the journey in retrieving the flowers was dangerous it was the fact that Melo can't stop treating her as if Rosaline was still a little girl of five years. It irritates her that she can't do anything without people around her saying that she is not able to do that.

She saw the blood orange flowers at the edge of the river. The mushy dirt left her dress stained with colors of brown and green. Rosaline picked a few lilies near her and thought about how beautiful it would be to set them upon the dining table for tonight's dinner. The dark orange color with brown spotting on the petals gave such an exotic feel. Summery scents fill Rosaline's nostrils with the pure pleasure of how perfect the weather and season were.

After collected her precious flowers; out of the corner of her ocean blue eyes, she saw an image of a boat sailing on the river. It wasn't any small boat that she has seen, this one was long and narrow but it was gigantic. It fascinated her of such craftsmanship that would take to make such giant ships that also were very eye-catching. To her curiosity, she took a closer look at the boat and hid behind a tree. She saw men and woman on the boat with weapons on them, looking as if they were about to attack. Rosaline continued to watch as one by one the boats passed her towards the castle. Then, a voice calls out.