CHP. XIII《FIGHT OR FLIGHT》

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
FIGHT OR FLIGHT

The Ragnarssons are getting ready to fight the Saxons again

The Ragnarssons are getting ready to fight the Saxons again. Over a few days, they were able to use the frontier of York in their favour in the upcoming battle. The brothers were making new tactics and skills they have achieved to continue spreading their fury to different parts of England.

Rosaline strolled through the market of York. Even if the Vikings demolished the English forces and folks, it didn't stop the trade from flourishing through. Her eyes lingered on one particular fruit, an orange. Her finger gently grazed the surface for the fruit and picked it up to take in the scent. It reminded her memories back in the Mediterranean.

It has been so long since then, and many things have changed. She smiled at the young naive girl she once was before meeting Hvitserk. The renaissance of their ocean blue eyes colliding in that foggy morning. She still felt the same butterflies fluttering around her stomach. A sweet smile formed at the corners of her mouth.

She places the orange back with the others and continued her stroll through the marketplace. Many things were being sold by foreign travellers such as silk, fruits, spices, and tools. They were vibrant reminds of her experiences with Hvitserk. She wouldn't have it any other way.

The stroll through the streets of the market came to an end. Her feet lead her outside of York, into the untouched outskirts of the forest. She sat crisscrossed on a patch of dewy emerald grass looking at a far view of York. It seemed peaceful on the outside, but the inside carried a sense of dreadfulness. There would be more bloodshed to come forth in the upcoming days in York. Hvitserk shared to Rosaline that the Saxons will be coming to take back York with their armies. There wasn't any space for peace anytime soon.

On the other end of the spectrum, Hvitserk finished his meeting with his brothers and was out trying to find his love. He was ready to fight the Saxons in a few days but he didn't want Rosaline to be involved. He was already too close in losing her during the attack on York.

Hvitserk saw Agnes with the other shield-women. He jogged towards the group with a smile. Agnes raised her brow at the young Ragnarsson as he came towards her way.

"Agnes, do you know where Rosaline could be at?" Hvitserk asked the older shield-woman. Agnes nodded slightly.

"She spends most of her time when you're away sitting on a hill at the outskirts of the city," Agnes replied. Hvitserk smiled and muttered a "thank you" to the woman. He hastily made his way through the bustling streets filled with foreign stalls.

His eye catches a glimpse of vibrant fruit. Stopping in his tracks, he picks up the spherical item with his right hand. Turning it around to observe at the smooth surface that had small indentations. The tangy fragrance filled his senses. He clearly remembers the significance of the fruit when he travelled to the Mediterranean with Björn. His lips stretched into a small smile thinking about Rosaline. The warm humid nights with moonlight shining on Rosaline made her beautiful in all senses. She was worth everything.