Chapter 8

Sally's POV

I couldn't help but smile watching my son and Annabeth. I thought they would be in worse shape, but they seem just fine. But, I'm waiting for the walls to fall, and the terror to seep into our world.

____________________________________

Well, it's time for school. I worry about them, but I know they are going to be fine as long as they are together. So, Paul never ended up telling us the surprise. They have been to busy. Percy telling Annabeth about the kids, Annabeth talking to Paul about the level of learning, Paul hanging with Percy, Percy eating my cookies and Annabeth's face. I have taken them shopping, I mean, do you really expect me to let them go to school with only camp shirts? I'm making blue chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast this morning, or nectar as Percy likes to call it. I look at the time, 6:40. Percy should come out in five minutes.

Percy's POV

Annabeth and I are all ready for school, her more than me. We are waiting for my alarm to sound by kissing. What? If I didn't have alarms I would never be ready for anything. My alarms go like this:

5:55 to wake up

6:00 to get out of bed

6:10 to get dressed

6:30 is for washing face, deodorant, washing face, etc...

6:45 breakfast

6:55 five minute warning

7:00 leave

School starts at 7:30. Ridiculously early.

BEEEEEP

BEEEEP

BEEEEEP

BEEEEP

I feel Annabeth pull away.

BEEEEEP

I pull her back for a quick kiss.

BEEEEP

I turn off my alarm, no snooze. If there was snooze, my day would be screwed up.

"Percy?"

"Hm?"

"What does that alarm mean?"

"Oh, breakfast."