Chapter 10

Percy's POV

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't know where I am going. I'm just hoping I find a table or old friend I can join.

"Percy?" I turn around to find a guy I talked to sometimes when I was here last year.

Okay, pause. So, Hera stole me mid-year. I disappeared December 14th, 2009, in my Junior year. So, yeah. Anyways, back to the present.

"Do you want to sit with me?" I turn to Annabeth, who shrugs.

"Sure, why not?"

____________________________________

Lunch was... lunch. We just kinda sat and laughed a little, but mostly ate. It is now just the two of us sitting together. My friend wanted to make sure he had enough time to get to class.

"Percy!"

"Yes, Annabeth?"

"What is our next class?" I pull out my schedule.

"English 7-8"

"With?"

"Rowser in C111"

____________________________________

So, she is awesome. I can already tell. She was super understanding about our Dyslexia.

"Seaweed Brain!"

"Hm?"

"Where are you going?" I look around and realize I'm just walking.

"Don't know. What is next."

"Well, we are teacher aides."

"For who?"

Annabeth's POV

I look back down at the sheet. What I see surprises me.

"Wise Girl?" Oops. I was so shocked, I stopped.

"Paul."

"What?"

"We are aides to Paul!" Percy freezes and I can see him figuring out what I said.

"Oh." He starts walking, hopefully towards Paul's class.

I, of course, follow him.

____________________________________

Percy and I are sitting in Paul's class waiting for him to realize we are here. He looks down at his roll, gets ready to call the next name, then looks down again. He obviously got to his aides.

"Annabeth Chase!" He calls.

"Here!"

"Perseus Jackson!"

"Percy, sir."

"Of course, thank you. Welcome, everyone, to Pre-AP English 1-2!"

So that's the class we are aides for.

"Will everyone please take out their summer reading assignment?"

The students start digging in their backpacks to find the paper, while Percy and I are just sitting here awkwardly.

"So, apparently some of you only learned about this last week, so, everyone has an extra week to finish. If you have it completed today, you will get full points. If my aides will be so kind as to stamp where everyone finished, that will be my indicator of where you were today."

____________________________________

As the bell rings, Paul calls out, "remember to get the syllabus signed!"

The student pick up their bag and rush out of the room.

"Paul," Percy starts, "should I send this to my dad?"

I stifle a laugh; Percy sounded so serious.

"Well, I'm sure that would be a good idea, if you were a student."

"For my other teachers?"

"Yes, it would be wise to have a guardian sign."

"Wait, can't you sign?"

"Um..."

I grab Percy and walk towards the door. "Bye, Paul!"

"Wait! I'm your ride!"