Chapter 9

Annabeth's POV

Wait, if it's breakfast, he should be running like the wind to Sally. What is wrong with him?

"Percy?"

"Yes?" He tilts his head slightly, like a confused dog.

"Don't you want breakfast?"

"Oh, yeah." He grabs me and heads towards the kitchen.

"Are the love-birds ready for breakfast? I made Percy's favorite, nectar!" Percy perks up, his eyes get wide with excitement.

Wait, nectar? Like the food of the gods? Besides, nectar tastes like your favorite thing, so it can't be your favorite, unless, they are talking about what his nectar tastes like, then it makes sense.

"Mmm. I love nectar." Okay, if Paul eats this----I'm not sure.

"Paul! You can't have nectar! You would burn up, and besides, Sally can't make nectar."

"Wait, is Wise Girl confused?"

"Percy! She clearly doesn't know the lingo of the Jackson-Blofis house. Annabeth, Sally makes these amazing pancakes, and Percy claims that they are his nectar while her cookies are ambrosia." Paul, thankfully, explains. "Alright everyone, we need to hurry up so we aren't late."

Percy's POV

Oh shoot, we need to eat, it's almost 6:55, and I need to double check my backpack. I take one pancake and stuff my face before asking Mom to pack me another for the road, and by packing, I mean put on a paper towel.

I walk over to my bag, then remember, I get my supply list at school, so I come back and slowly eat my second pancake.

____________________________________

Here we are, Goode High.

"Alright you two, I have to go to my classroom, but your schedules are in the Media Center." Paul grabs his stuff, and walk away.

I grab Annabeth's hand and start towards the Media Center. Gods, I'm so nervous. Annabeth squeezes my hand softly, she must have known. The small gesture was enough. We reach the Media Center.

"Percy?"

"Hm?"

"You can let go now." Oops, I forgot I was still holding on to her. I drop her hand.

"Now we get in line and--"

"Seaweed Brain, you already told me about this." I did? Huh.

Annabeth leads me to the line. As we wait to get to the front, we talk in code about our quests, which went something like this:

"Remember Gladiola?"

"Not what I was expecting to wake up to."

"You wanted nothing to do with her."

"No, no I did not."

Well, we passed the time, because soon enough I hear "name?"

"Perseus Jackson"

"Jackson...Jackson...Jackson...Oh! Here we are. Perseus Jackson. You can go right to class." I grab my schedule and step aside for the next person.

"Percy?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I see your schedule?"

"Sure."

I hand it to her, and watch as her eyes widen in surprise.

"Percy, we have the same schedule." Annabeth looks at me, with her eyes still wide

I feel as my eyes mirror hers.

"Come on, Seaweed Brain, lead me to..." she pauses to look, "Ellis for Ancient Culture."

"What room is he?"

"A101"

____________________________________

Class was actually fun. We are going to learn about the Babylonians, Vikings, Turks, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and more.

"Percy!" Oops, I zoned out.

"Yes?"

"We have Drama."

"With Ms. Cover?"

"Yes."

"Cool. Let's go"

"Don't you need the room number?"

"No, Paul dragged me to one of the shows, so I know where it is."

"Oh."

Annabeth's POV

"So, let's go, class starts soon."

____________________________________

Drama was surprisingly fun. I know it was just the first class, but I know that class will be amazing.

I look down at my schedule.

"Percy, we have Marine Biology with Spink. Do you know why?"

"Um, no."

"Room A208"

____________________________________

She seemed really weird. Oh well.

"What do we have next?"

"You look." He rolled his eyes, before he pulled out his schedule.

"We have Ficks for math."

"What math?"

"Pre-Calc."

____________________________________

"Ugh, I have a feeling I'm going to hate her. We have a test on the syllabus!"

"Percy! Be quieter. Besides, it's lunch. Where do we sit?"

"Seniors can sit anywhere except the Junior area." The what now? Percy must have realized I was confused. I can't believe he forgot to tell me about lunch!

"It's in the back of the cafeteria. Don't worry."

He pulls hand, leading me to where he sits.

I know it is more than usual, but it just works best like this. Please, don't loose faith. I'm not planning on stopping any time soon.