Chapter 16

Annabeth's POV

We have now been in school for a month. Percy has taken notice to the school play, which won't be for a few weeks. I promised him we could go see it. I don't know why we need to see drama, when it is our life, but Percy has made some friends in theatre and wants to support them. It seems pretty interesting. I don't know much about it, but I know it is set in Italy. (A/N if you can't tell. I am a theatre kid and I'm writing this during tech-week, so the show is on my mind. Yes, the show is the one I'm doing)

"Annabeth," I glance up at Percy, "can you help me?"

Percy is doing homework and I am trying to make blueprints for Aphrodite, but I don't really know what to do.

"Depends. I'm trying to sketch some blueprints."

"Is it for someone who has messed up our lives in any way?"

"Yes."

"Then it can wait. I need help with history."

I set my pencil down.

"Elaborate."

He looks at his paper, "Who is...Namer?"

I sigh and begin to help.

____________________________________

The school show was amazing. Somehow, they put Enchanted, Star Wars, and Leonardo DiCaprio in the show and it still made sense. And the set was amazing. All the crews did a fantastic job. The actors did as well, but they get all the recognition. I am impressed with the historical accuracy for the historical parts, yet they still made it relevant for modern society. Sadly, we had to leave right after bows and did not get a chance to talk to everybody.

Percy and I are sitting outside waiting for Paul and Sally to come pick us up.

Suddenly, Percy turns to me and asks, "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. Just, something feels off to me."

"I'm sure it's fine."

"Yeah, I just hope my parents get here soon."

I sigh, "They said that they would be here. I'm sure its nothing, probably just traffic. It is Friday night, afterall."

Percy's POV

I keep on getting this weird feeling, so I look around. Out of the corner of my eye, I see some movement in the shadow. I discreetly notify Annabeth. She glances over and puts her hand on my knee. That's her way of telling me to wait but be cautious, when its okay to investigate, she will move her hand.

I look again, subtly because I know better than to make it obvious, and I see the silhouette of a human. A small human. Could be a monster or some freshman thinking it's cool to hang out on campus. Or even someone walking to the other parking lot. More people are coming out of the auditorium, so I feel safe.

Then, someone sits next to me.

"Help."

The voice is one I know all too well, "Nico? What's wrong?"