Chapter 15

Sally's POV

I walk into their room and find Percy on the ground with Annabeth leaning over him.

"Um... I'll go."

Annabeth starts getting off of him as Percy begins to stand up.

"Mom! It isn't what it looks like!"

"Then what is it?"

"Annabeth was teaching me a judo flip."

"I judo flipped him"

I cross my arms and look at them.

"Mom, I swear. Nothing happened."

I raise an eyebrow.

"Sally, I promise you we weren't doing anything."

"I don't believe you."

"Mom, why did you even come in here?"

"I was thinking of Gabe. Poseidon told me what he did to you, and I just wanted to give you a hug."

Percy frowns, clearly remembering Gabe, and hugs me. Annabeth steps out.

"I'm sorry, Mom."

"For what?"

"For making life hard for you, for not telling you myself, for everything ever."

"Hey, look at me."

He looks up.

"I love you and I couldn't wish for a better son."

He hugs me tighter.

"I always loved your hugs."

I laugh and he releases me.

"It's not funny, Mom. I'm being serious!"

We sit on his bed.

"I'm so sorry for marrying him."

"Mom. You are one of the bravest women I have ever met, and I've met a lot of brave women. Besides, I was rarely home. He couldn't do anything while I was away at school."

"I was stupid and not brave at all."

"Are you kidding? You made blue food, refused to change your name... you know what?"

"Hm?"

"This won't work,"

"It won't?"

"Nope. Annabeth!"

I hear footsteps, then the door opening.

"Yes?"

"My mom thinks she is stupid and not brave. You straighten her out."

Percy stands up, squeezes Annabeth's hand, and leaves.

"Seaweed Brain...."

"Yep."

Annabeth comes to sit next to me.

"Now, I don't know the full story here, but you raised Percy Jackson. That is really brave. You are smart enough to raise him kindly. Even Artemis likes him. You were smart enough to mask his scent and send him to schools away from you. You were smart and brave enough to not go crazy with all his quests. Hades, you know about the Greek gods! One of our good friends, Piper McLean, can't tell her dad. Rachel can't tell her parents either. With Percy here, I'm sure we could go on and on forever."

I sigh.

"Thanks, Annabeth."

"No problem, Sally."

"Okay, be honest. What were you doing?"

"Sally!"

Percy comes running.

"Is everything okay?"

He looks between Annabeth and I, as if trying to decide who to go to.

"Annabeth and I are fine."

He lets out a sigh of relief and sits next to Annabeth. She cuddles into him.

They really are perfect.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Annabeth jumps, then blushes. I look at the open door and see Paul standing there.

"Come in," Percy says.

"We need to think about dinner."

____________________________________

I'm currently making blue mac-and-cheese. As I start straining the pasta, I call out, "Percy! Annabeth! Come set the table!"

Percy's POV

"Coming, Mom!" I shout back.

"You know," Annabeth begins as she leads me out of our room, "I have yet to try your mom's mac-and-cheese."

I look at her with a look of I-can't-believe-you-haven't-tried-it-yet.

"Seaweed Brain, I have only been here for two weeks," she explains.

I sigh as we entered the kitchen.

"We need placemats, bowls, and forks," Mom informs us.

I go straight to the silverware and napkins, as usual. Annabeth sighs, and meanders over to the placemats.

By the time I had finished grabbing the forks and napkins, Annabeth had already set the placemats on the table.

I pass her while she is grabbing bowls, but not before planting a kiss on her cheek. I look at her to see the smile that always manifests after I kiss her cheek.

My mom chuckles and I give her a soft glare, for my normal glare would frighten her. She holds her hands up in surrender. I continue walking to the table to set it. I can tell Annabeth is right behind me. She passes me and places the bowls down.

After I set the napkins and forks down, I hear my mom call out, "Paul! Dinner!"