Forgotten Memories

"Get her in the capsule!" Ta-Vir shouted. He glanced back, motioning for his wife to come closer. Facing a white, rectangular object about seven feet in height, he pressed a green button, which engaged the device to scan his reddish-skinned body, starting with the eyes. He wore multiple garments and a long, cloak-like top that reached to the floor.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" his wife, Kira, asked. She too was dressed the same.

Sirens resounded across the land—the forests, the mountains, the cities. Nothing was safe. It was not the apocalypse. It was an invasion.

"We do not have a choice, my love," he answered. "There is no hope for her in this doomed place. He will take her. Like he did all the others."

"What if the ship never reaches the planet?"

"It will." Ta-Vir prepared the drive and within the hour they had bid their goodbyes. Their child departed off to another world, far from theirs. Ta-Vir embraced Kira as the ship launched, the boosters slowly lifting the craft upward until it blasted out of sight.

Moments later, their citadel was compromised. A soldier identifying himself as 'Solis' smashed their door and it flew across the house as he strode in. He wore dark armor and an opaque helmet—his face unseen. The integrated system inside his outfit altered his voice and tone into something almost monotone.

"His greatness, the Endless Creator, the Titan, has arrived. Bow and be grateful your worthless souls have been graced by his presence." Solis bowed as the ground shook. The vibration reverberated closer with every passing second.

At last, he came into view: Titan, outfitted in wide, dark-blue armor, arms crossed behind him, stomped over to Ta-Vir and Kira. Two wires were attached near the base of his spine, zigzagging up into the back of his head, where they were fused. Legend said they weren't even necessary, and only served to amplify his already-immense telepathic and telekinetic power.

"Ta-Vir, did you really believe you could out-think me?" he questioned, scowling at the couple through his devilish red eyes. He loomed over Kira and Ta-Vir, far larger than either.

"I fail to understand," responded Ta-Vir, fingers nervously arranging his short beard as he looked up at the monstrosity of Titan.

"Your daughter, Ta-Vir," Titan said. "Why have you done this?"

"We have done nothing but attempt to save our daughter's life!" Ta-Vir shouted.

Titan huffed a laugh. "Foolish and naive choice of words, Governor. I have had a vision. Your daughter is far more powerful than the other females here. In her genes is a mutation with a connection to the Shadowverse. She will become a formidable opponent. And, under the wrong master, an enemy."

Kira looked up at the famed ruler of worlds. "She is already deep in the darkness of space. You will never get to her, you maniac! I have seen the truth about you."

Titan feigned hurt. "Oh, why must you be so malicious? I was not resurrected to be labeled a maniac."

"You were insane before Sonovan Lung killed you," Kira stated. "You are insane even now."

Titan flinched. Hatred was the mildest word possible to describe how he felt about Sonovan Lung. "And look where he is now—look what became of his legend. Before your pathetic life passes away like the grass, and your breath returns to the dust from which you came, you will tell me where you sent her."

Ta-Vir drew a knife. "My love, this is why I didn't want you to know where." He raised the knife to his own throat, but Titan utilized his telekinetic ability and stopped him in action. Ta-Vir's hand, gripping the knife, halted in mid-air.