Reconciliation

The throne room was still. Titan stood near the cracked belvedere, holding a thick book. Solis strode in. "My lord, we will arrive in five days," he stated.

"Good," Titan replied. "In case you were wondering what I have been doing all this time, I have been studying this book." He lifted it up. "The so-called Holy Bible. Granted, I've studied every religious book on Earth. No other species can boast the sheer amount of religious information. Anyway, I must say, it is one of the most interesting texts of Earth. Human, but undeniably otherworldly. I am impressed! The book speaks much wisdom, and I am surprised mere humans such as King Solomon understood the follies of this existence. Many species could have utilized this and built a better society. And then, it even mentions me."

"My lord? It mentions you?" Solis asked, confused.

"Yes, it does. As I have deciphered it, a man known as the 'man of intrigue' appeared in different places. It describes him as cunning and intelligent, always ready for a fight.

"In a time of need—a time of hardship, this man will appear. The entire world will be swept by his grandeur, and in time, the world will be under his feet. He will control it. But mind you: he never states his plot is to destroy it, but to save it."

"Which indicates?"

"In this short yet profound analogy, I am he."

"You are this man?" questioned Solis, desiring elaboration.

Titan shook his head once, resting his arm on the throne. "No, I am not. But, as I said, it serves as an analogy. My plan is not to destroy Earth, but to use it."

"I see," Solis said.

"Are you ready to accomplish the greatest feat of all, my Solis?" Titan asked. "The moment is at the door."

"Yes, Endless Creator," Solis answered. I have never been more prepared in my entire life."

* * *

Taking a deep breath, the President relaxed into his chair. "I want you to stay in a warehouse I have, off-the-books. It's quite luxurious. Until he arrives, your orders are to stay put."

"Thank you, sir," Johnny replied. "But we need to reconnect with our loved ones."

"I will have a driver take you wherever you need to go," the President offered.

"Yeah, well, uh, we live in NYC, so we'll just teleport there," Johnny said.

Captivated, the President asked, "Can I see it?"

"Sure," Johnny answered.

Dustin activated the portal, and the sphere rose out of the floor. "Incredible," the President breathed in awe. "Just incredible."

"Yeah, it really is," Ryan replied.

"Mr. President, we will be back in about two hours," notified Johnny.

"I will be expecting you, Shadowforce. But for now, take those things off and get into casual attire."

Sonovan asked for one favor. "Sir, if possible, may I take a short stroll around the city? I have not been back to Earth in a terribly protracted length of time. If I have pleased you, please grant my request."

Sonovan's veneration enamored the President. "Of course. You can ride in one of our SUV's. Tell Charlie where to drop you off."

They nodded and jumped into the portal. As quickly as they had burst into his office, they burst right back out. Alone, the President chuckled. "Amazing."

* * *

Johnny, about to jump into the portal Sam would open for him and Jane, stopped short. His body felt weird and tingly. "Uh . . . I don't feel so good," he groaned, falling to the floor. "What's happening?"