Chapter 4 - Threats

Grace's POV

Could it be possible? We used condoms, but.... If it broke.... I had to do a pregnancy test.

I walked back to my bedroom. I got ready and left.

After buying a pregnancy test, I went to university.

I couldn't concentrate on classes. I bit my lower lip nervously, tapping my fingertip on my thigh.

As soon as the class finished, I went to the restroom. I couldn't wait till I went home.

I was waiting for the result nervously in the toilet cubicle. I didn't want someone to see me with the test in my hand.

A sheepish smile appeared on my face as I looked at the stick.

"Positive." I murmured, looking at the stick. I felt so emotional.

"Hey, little one." I whispered softly and placed my hand on my stomach. "Your daddy will be so happy when he hears about you." I smiled, stroking my stomach.

As soon as I walked out of the university, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I called Ethan. I was so excited.

"Sweetheart." He said, smiling as he picked up his phone.

As soon as I heard his voice, I got nervous.

"Ethan, I need to talk to you. It is important." I said nervously.

"Sweetheart, are you okay? What happened?" He asked, worried.

"Umm... I am fine. But I have to tell you something." I said, biting my lower lip nervously.

"I am in a meeting now. However, we almost finished. But I need to pop in the company." He informed me. "Then I will come to your place."

"Ok." I muttered.

"Good. See you." He said, smiling.

"See you."

"Umm.... Grace..." He said as I was about to hang up.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I love you." He said, smiling.

I couldn't hold myself and smiled happily. I loved this man so much. He knew how to make me feel happy.

"I love you too, baby." I said, smiling sheepishly.

As I wanted to put my phone back into my bag, my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Yes?" I asked curiously.

"Hello. It is Victor Carter." I heard an authoritarian voice.

My eyes widened in surprise. I felt stressed. Even his voice was enough to scare me. He was so intimidating. I met him at Ethan's birthday. He was distant and cold towards me. Despite him, Ethan's family and other relatives were so nice to me. His father, Chad Carter and his mother, Elise Carter were so caring towards me. I really liked them. Ethan had a sister. She was younger than him. Harper and I got along well. She was a sweet girl.

"Oh... Hello, sir." I muttered shyly.

"I want to talk to you. I am waiting for you at the cafe near your university." He said in a bossy tone.

"Now?" I asked, dumbfounded.

What does he want to talk about?

"Yes. It is important." He said firmly.

"OK, sir. I am coming." I said. "See..." He hung up without letting me finish my sentence.

I looked at my phone, puzzled. I couldn't help myself and got anxious.