Chapter 22 - The ex-boss

Grace's POV

I watched his leave, speechless.

Did I hear right? Has he just fired me?

As soon as Gloria arrived, I went to the company. His security guard took me to the company. When I refused him, the security guard told me that Ethan had ordered him not to let me go anywhere alone. I was mad at Ethan. He acted like a control freak.

When I was going to his office, I bumped into Ava and Valeria.

"Hey Grace, I was about to call you. We heard that you were fired. Is it true?" Ava asked sadly.

"Not now, please. I need to talk to Eth...Mr. Carter. Is he in his office?" I asked, trying to control my anger.

"Yeah." She nodded.

I gave her a grateful smile and went towards his office. I opened the door without knocking and walked in.

"Grace?" He looked at me, confused and stood up. I avoided his gaze and closed the door behind me. "What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you that you don't leave the penthouse?!" He asked, frustrated.

"Your security guard was with me." I informed with a cold voice. He sighed, annoyed. "How did you dare to fire me?! How professional!" I gave him a mocking laugh. "You can not fire me without any reason. Especially, because you want me to lock in your castle!" I snapped. "You are a real caveman!" I exclaimed, frustrated.

He was looking at me, amused, his hands in his pockets.

"Don't smile! I am angry at you!" I gave him a dirty look.

He raised his hands in surrender, trying to hold his smile. I sighed and threw my bag onto the desk and sat down in the armchair.

"Did you finish snapping at me?" He asked, amused. I narrowed my eyes. He sighed and sat down. "Ms. Davies, you asked me not to give preferential treatment, didn't you?" He asked in confidence.

"Yes, because I wanted to work like your employees, not the woman who you fuck!" I snapped as I stood up and placed my hands on my hips.

He smirked, entwining his hands on his desk. "Hmm....I am pleased to fuck you, Ms. Davies." He teased me, giving me an amused smirk. "And when you are angry, you look sexier; I want to take you here and now." He bit his lower lip, looking into my eyes with lustful eyes and stood up.

"Ethan!" I exclaimed as my cheeks turned crimson red.

"Ok. Let's get back to your complaint. You told me that I didn't give preferential treatment. So I listened to you. If you were not the girl who I fuck as you said." He said, amused, emphasizing the word fuck. I gave him a dirty look. He chuckled. "Then I have to fire you." I gave him a confused look. "Don't you think as the CEO of a billion dollar company, I will hire some inexperienced girl, who didn't graduate from university, as my assistant?" He asked confidently.

I bit my lower lip without saying anything. He was right. To start working in a well-known company, especially in Carter Enterprises Holdings Inc., at least you had to have a bachelor's degree.

Ugh! I hate when he is right. Especially, seeing his self-satisfied smirk.

"Look you understood it too. Now listen to your ex-boss. Go and take care of our son. And wait for me in our house as a good girlfriend." He said firmly.

I narrowed my eyes at him and clenched my fist, trying to control my anger.

"I hate you! Asshole!"

I grabbed my bag angrily.

He chuckled. "Sweetheart, if I didn't fire you before, I would fire you now. It is not appropriate calling your boss...Oh, sorry, your ex boss an asshole." He smirked arrogantly. "And some advice from your ex-boss. Be polite with your employer." He winked at me and sat down on his seat.

I clenched my fist as I stuck my tongue out at him and left, ignoring his laugh.

As Nathan fell asleep, I went to the kitchen. Ethan was still in the company. I poured some tea into the cup for myself and went to the living room. I took a sip from my tea and placed the cup down on the centre table.

Suddenly, the elevator door opened and Ethan walked in. As he saw me, he gave me a wide grin.

Asshole!

I narrowed my eyes and folded my arms over my chest, leaning back against the couch.

"Are you still angry at me, sweetheart?" He asked, amused.

I rolled my eyes without saying anything. He chuckled and sat down on the couch beside me. I looked away, ignoring him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him and started tickling me.

"Ethan...stop..." I said between my laughs while pushing him back.

"Tell me you are not angry at me anymore." He said, still tickling me.

"No...stop..." I giggled. He didn't listen to me and continued tickling me. "OK...OK..." I said, giggling.

He gave me a charming smile and stopped tickling me. He cupped my cheek and brushed his lips against mine.

"Let's have dinner." He said as he grabbed my hand and headed us towards the kitchen.

As we finished our dinner, he stood up and approached me.

In a flash, he scooped me up in his arms. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He claimed my lips in a passionate kiss as he carried me to the bedroom.

I was leaning my head against his arm, staring at the ceiling while trying to catch my breath.

"Seeing the stars?" Ethan asked, amused.

"Not just the stars. Actually, galaxies." I grinned. He chuckled and kissed my lips.

Ethan's POV

I was waiting for Grace in the living room. We were attending a charity gala.

Yesterday, Grace and I told my parents and my sister, Harper about Nathan. They were on cloud nine when they heard about him. As they heard that Grace and I had to attend the gala, they suggested we look after Nathan tonight.

I took a sip from my whiskey and put my glass down on the table.

When I turned around, I saw Grace. She looked gorgeous in her red dress.

 She looked gorgeous in her red dress

"Stunning." I exclaimed, roaming her body.

"Thank you." She gave me a shy smile.

"Maybe we should stay home. Huh?" I asked seductively and bit my lower lip without taking my eyes off her.

"Not, Mr. Carter." She shook her head, grinning. "But...maybe I can think of something for you when we come back." She winked at me.

"It seems this gala will be torture for me." I sighed. She chuckled and placed a soft kiss on my lips.