Chapter 17 - Visitors

Ethan's POV

Grace's face got pale as she looked at my grandfather, frightened.

"Grandpa, Ms. Davies is my assistant." I informed nonchalantly.

"Are you insane, Ethan?!" He barked, giving Grace an intimidating look. I frowned.

"You can leave, Grace." I said firmly. She nodded and left immediately.

"What do you see in this girl while there is a girl like Lina?! I don't really understand." My grandpa commented, annoyed and sat down in the armchair.

"Grandpa, don't start again, please." I warned, annoyed and sat down on my seat. "I went on a date with her out of respect for you. But we understood that we were too different." I added.

At least she got it, when I snuck out after having a one night stand with her, and I was spotted with a famous model by paparazzi the same day.

Lina made a scene in the company. She acted like a bitch. She yelled at me in front of my employees, my father and my grandpa.

"Of course, you were such a gentleman." My grandpa gave me a knowing look and shook his head in disapproval.

After my grandpa had left, I called Grace. She didn't look fine when my grandpa saw us together. But it was odd. I didn't understand why she got scared. Yes, my grandpa was an intimidating man, but when she met him at my birthday party, she didn't look intimidated like this.

"Come in." I said as I heard a knock at the door.

Grace walked in and closed the door behind her. She looked preoccupied.

"Are..." Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, cutting me off. I frowned, annoyed. "Come in." I snapped.

My father walked in and closed the door. When he noticed Grace in my office, he looked at her surprised.

"Dad?" I stood up and mumbled. "Hi."

"Hi." He greeted and looked at Grace. "Grace, nice to see you again." He said, giving her a warm smile and approached her. He kissed her cheek.

When he pulled back, he gave me a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders, biting my lower lip.

"Nice to see you again too, Mr. Carter." Grace gave him a polite smile.

He raised his eyebrow. "Mr. Carter? Didn't we agree that you would call me Chad." He reminded, smiling.

"Sorry Mr...Chad." She gave him a warm smile.

"You look more beautiful." My father commented.

My father was right. She really looked so beautiful and freaking sexy.

"Thank you, Chad." She gave him a shy smile. "I will leave you alone. See you later." She said and left.

"Hmm...What is going on, big boy?" My father asked, amused.

"Nothing, Dad. She is just my assistant." I replied nonchalantly.

He raised his eyebrow. "Really?" He asked playfully.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I don't know."

He gave me a questioning look. "What don't you know? Do you still love her or not?" He asked, amused.

I shook my head. "What am I going to do? I haven't decided yet."

"Hmm...Then you are sure you love her." He gave me a teasing look.

"Dad!" I warned. He chuckled.

"I was intrigued why I hadn't been seeing you in the magazines the last few weeks. But I understood it now." He chuckled.

"Dad, it has nothing to do with her. I...just try to stay away from the press." I said, trying to control my voice and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah for sure." My father smirked, giving me a knowing look.

"Dad, really." I tried to reassure him. "When I bumped into her in Rome, there was just one thing in my mind: to get revenge. But now I am confused. My heart says to forgive her and don't let her go again, but my pride says hell no." I confessed. I paused, thinking. "But there was something strange."

"What?" He asked in curiosity.

"Today my grandpa came here and saw Grace. Her face got pale as soon as she saw him, and she looked...scared. I don't know, but..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you think your grandpa has a hand in her disappearance?" He asked. I looked at my father, dumbfounded. "If you want, I will talk to my father and ask him if he has done something."

"No, Dad. What could he do?! Most probably, I just try to find an excuse to believe her again." I mumbled sadly.

My father gave me a compassionate look and looked away, lost in his thoughts.

Grace's POV

Today I arrived at the company early. I was sipping my coffee while checking Ethan's schedule.

Suddenly, the door opened and Victor Carter walked in. I placed my cup on the desk and stood up. I gulped nervously.

He closed the door behind him and gave me a death glare.

"What are you doing here? Wasn't I clear?" He snapped, frustrated.

"I..."

"Do you think you can fool him with your bastard?" He gave me an insolent look. My eyes widened in shock. "Nathan? Am I right?" He gave me a cocky look.

"You know?" I murmured barely. I placed my hand on the desk for support as I felt dizzy.

"Of course, I know. Since the beginning. When we talked in the cafe, I already knew about that possibility." I looked at him speechless. My heart tightened. "I accept that for a while I thought you weren't interested in money. But your plan was different. You gave birth and came back with your bastard to get a lot of money. I am sure he isn't even Ethan's son. What are you planning? To blackmail us with the press? Huh?" He asked, giving me a humiliating look.

"Sir...I never..."

He laughed sarcastically, cutting me off. "I am Victor Carter. Do you think you can fool me, little girl? Stay away from my grandson and keep your bastard away from him as well. If someone hears about your bastard, including Ethan, you will regret it." He threatened in an authoritarian tone.

"I can not leave." I pleaded.

"Then you wanted it. See how I will destroy your life and your parent's life. And that little bastard's life as well." He threatened, giving me a stern look.